tattoos

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summer Sale Highlight: Trying Out Prada Fori Lace-Ups

When I saw the perforated lace-ups worn by Jeremy Young in the previous fashion spread in the Guardian, I was instantly fell in love with the shoes. It's Prada Fori lace-ups for Spring/Summer 2010. Less that I knew I will 'meet' the shoes in real life when I visited Selfridges the other day during Summer Sale.


I was strolling around the footwear department on the First Floor when I spotted this quirkily interesting looking lace-ups. I picked it up and I instantly knew it was the one worn by Jeremy. The look says it all - from the punched 'holes' around the shoes (hence the name fori) to the centre 'band' where it somehow separates the shoes into two halves. It is so light that I hardly feel any weight when I hold it in my hands.

The shoes felt like it is made of plastic, though I knew it's actually a patent leather. That's why it gave a bit of hi-sheen as typical patent would do. The tongue which scripted with the word Prada is from the padded technofabric, hence making the whole shoes lighter than a usual leather lace-ups. This shoes is actually a two-toned - in steel and light grey; though in the Guardian spread the color looks like black (or maybe it IS black, haha!).

How was the fit? Awesome. That's all I can say. It is so comfortable. Very, very comfy. It was a big surprise though that for Prada all the shoes that fit me are the one in size 8 (Euro size 42). I dunno whether my feet is the one that's shrunk or the shoe size in this entire world somehow has shrunk themselves? Anyway, whatever it is - this shoes is really great.

Oh, the price you ask? I was about to bring it to the till when I suddenly spotted the price on sale sticker inside. Originally this one cost almost £500 before discount, but even after a big slash I think the price is not as justifiable as the amount of 'leather' being used. As my 10-year old nephew used to comment in my Facebook about my perforated Giorgio Armani shoes "your shoes is expensive, but it got so many holes!!!" - that's the similar thing what I'm gonna say here too. With all those fori, shouldn't the price be any cheaper? But well, this is not just any shoes - it's a Prada! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger