tattoos

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Monday Blues

How many of us when we woke up on a Monday morning suddenly we went... Monday? Oh no, not again?! Or, why the weekend flies so fast? I know most of us think of that sometime, including moi. But as far as work is concern, is it just me who's always get excited to go to the office on daily basis? To wear all the clothes and shoes that's not just excites me, but also excites and 'provoke' other people too. To drive all the way from home to the beautiful ground of the uni... while singing to the tunes I put on in the car (singing off tune, btw). And to meet all those beautiful faces on a daily basis. I think maybe it's just me then who really love waking up and go to work. In fact, I don't think it's work anymore coz when you love something and you do it naturally - it becomes a passion instead!

One thing I must always do when Monday arrives is to perk up the style. Since it is the beginning of the weekday, putting on something exciting is always one big help to jump start the week. I normally tend to go for clothes that has its own flair - either the color like red, or something with a great stripes pattern or just plain contrast such as black and white, or even some suits with a very slimfitting silhouette (but again, my suits are all slim-fit!). Yet, i never tried wearing blue on a Monday, probably because it'll be total cliche: blue for Monday blues...haha. Yet, why not? Who knows it'll also set a good mood for the rest of the week too!

Anyway, talking about blues it's nice to see an editorial in Port magazine on using tone-on-tone colors. I know lots of people out there are not a big fan of denim on denim, but to me pairing it together could give a nice blue hues if you know how to do it well. Otherwise you're trading hot water here. Or pairing blue jumper or blue shirt with indigo jeans - that is something much acceptable as long as there's a significant difference in term of tonal as well as the type of fabric and texture used. What I always like is to wear a raw denim instead of washed one, so that whatever blue you pair it with it'll definitely look sharper and much smarter.





[pix from port]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger