tattoos

Friday, November 7, 2008

Boot Camp: A Neverending Obsession....

I have a hot for boots. Period. Sometimes I think I'm too obsessed with them. I don’t care if the chiropractors said that boots are bad for the spine, but I think they’re amazing. It protect my ankle well, plus my legs look even toned. I want new boots coz my current Zara boot is about to fall apart. (See, I used the word want… not need). I wore them every day, and loving it since it's leather and fit my feet snugly! I’ve been searching here and there, in store and online for my next ‘victims’. But unluckily most of them got pigskin lining (meaning it’s a big NO for me). Alas, came ASOS with a 15% discount throughout October. Since October is my birthday month, what’s better to celebrate than to splash my cash on my fav items.

I finally bought, not one, but FOUR pairs – two leather Chelsea (coz it’s damn cheap and very ‘pointy’), a lace up and an Italian patent leather boots. Boots are back this season. (It’s back in every season for me, instead!). When ASOS sent it in a big, black box right in front of my door, I got so excited. But my excitement turned sour coz two of them – the lace up and Italian patent got pigskin lining. Damn. They’re so hot, though. Pity that I had to send them back for refund. (That’s the disadvantage of buying online, you risk of not knowing the material used). However, the other two… voila! Damn amazing!!


My obsession does not stop there. I got a hot for lace-up boots. I don’t mind not getting another patent leather, coz I already got my Fendi and Kenneth Cole’s. But lace-up… it’s a MUST-HAVE!! It’s autumn, and it’s quite chill. Hi leather boots will ‘protect’ my feet comfortably. During my shopping quest at highstreet stores, I suddenly got gobsmacked when I stumbled upon Zara hi-ankle leather lace-up boot. What’s better, it’s also a brogue. The price is right, the style is amazing and the look is sizzling hot! Eventually, I snatched it fast coz it’s a limited edition (only less than 8 in all London’s Zara stores)



Me and my new Zara boots.

On my way back, I wonder if the similar style make it BIG this season, coz Zara is one of the frontrunners in term of catwalk copy. I googled, and to my surprise there are! Hi boots (and worker boots) are really hot this season. Dsquared did it in the catwalk, so as Dolce and Gabbana in their Autumn/Winter campaign. And to my delight, Shortlist also reviewed worker boot a week after my purchased. (Who’s the style psychic now?)





My boots are definitely made for walking.... (cue These Boots Are Made For Walking song!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger