tattoos

Friday, November 7, 2008

Let's have a CONVERSE-ation!

I am a big fan of shoes. Boots, lace-up shoes, slip-on and plimsols... you name it. Since my nightmare with two Nike sport shoes that 'bite' my feet very badly, I can say that my trainers days are long gone. Instead, I've converted to plimsols and hi-sneakers (and boots, of course!). Not just any sneakers, but the classic Converse All Star Chuck Taylor sneakers.

Way back in April, I saw a black leather, low Converse sneakers at Office. It's monochrome, looks so simple, yet classic. I dreamt it ever since, coz that time I need to upgrade (hmm...never ending upgrade, LOL!) from my previous cheapo Matalan PVC and Officer's Club canvas trainers. When I put it on, damn... it's so comfy. No wonder lots of people like Converse. What's more is that the sole is so thick, that you can't feel the ground when you walk (You do 'felt' the ground if you buy cheapo shoes). After a couple of visit and 'eyeing' at Office, it's finally mine - plus I got student discount as well.

Not contempt with one, last summer I saw a similar Converse black leather. But this time it's a high boot. So damn hot! I snatched that as well (plus student discount, of course). It looks 'naughty' and kinda goth, rock dude when pair up with jeans, esp the skinny one. Yet, the simple, grain leather makes it a neo-classic.

My love of Converse still going strong. I'm thinking of getting a white leather, wing-tip, brogue design "Only Available' at Foot Locker. But it's still too pricey given the style is similar to Office's. Also, I've been eyeing for the denim Converse at La Redoute (yet, it looks too young for me).

Whatever it is... no more lousy Nike's for me. Enter Converse.. neo-classic Chuck Taylor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger