tattoos

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

H&M Spring '09 Collection: My Verdict

It's a norm for the highstreet stores to start filling in the racks with the new Spring collection as early as February. One of them is H&M - the uber-popular store famous for their collabo with the designers like Karl Lagerfeld, Stella McCartney and Commes des Garcons. Latest in the stores is an arrays of poppy, bubblegummy, sorbet colors for their Spring '09 menswear collection. I think this time H&M attempted for slightly high fashion for the new range. Some of the design are bit quirky, while others not that impressive.

Making my way to H&M Westfield and High Street Kensington last weekend took me to some hands-on experience on the new collection. Some of them I even tried on. Some look good, and some..hmm... no comment. Let see what I think about them.

This jacket really look good in the pics, but in reality it's not. The fabric is too thick, and the color is not what it seems to appear here. Price? A compromise. Fitting? Nah.. too bad. Felt like wearing a cheap jacket with edges hanging out from your body. The pink trousers though is not yet in store.

This suit is quite nice. The fabric is not too bad either. Color seem a bit lighter in real life (yet it's still navy). Cutting quite OK. Whether I'm gonna buy it.. no thanks.

That jacket supposed to be a 'windbreaker' kinda thing. The overall design is not too bad provided if the fabric is good. But this one is nylon, and making too much noise when you move. And expensive too. Not worth buying!


I am a big fan of cardi, and this one is pretty cool. The merino wool is really soft and light, perfect for cool spring breeze. The yellow short however is not yet in store. (Not a fan of above-knee shorts)


The jacket is ought to be a 'biker' type with the asymmetric zipped front. But to me it's screamed the big C - CRAP! While the fabric is good (black coated denim), the thickness and cutting make you look too boxy. And the position of the pocket is too damn 'high' making your hands look like a wing-shaped when you slip into them! Again..CRAP!


This one has two big urrgghh! The shirt is too wierd with the cutting and fabric that I don't understand. And the pants.. too unflattering. I thought I wanna buy the pants after seeing it in H&M websites, but really change my mind. Fabric is too thick, too bad. And the multi-pockets is unflattering, not symmetrical enough for me plus it seem to 'protrude' out from the pant. Totally wierd.


This suit is great. The fabric is something that I find it new, eventhough it's a 'usual' polyester-viscose mix. Great cut, great design and the price is right. The color is also amazing, quite fashion forward too.


Another case of big C. CRAP-alicious! To me the jumper is the most 'high fashion' in the range. The fabric is good. I think it's wool, or maybe heavy cotton. But the fitting is too damn bad. The sleeves are cropped just above the elbow, making you look like a stupid scarecrow when you wear it. Price is too damn on the pricier side. Was it worth buying. Not at all!


Pink is said to be one of the color for Spring '09. The shirt shown here has a great fit (slim fit), plus it's easy iron shirt. Fabric is good and the most important, the price is damn cheap. Below a tenner. I like it so much and I snapped one too. Who says men can't wear pink? (Just be careful on the shades selected). The suit though is not yet in store.




Another version of CRAP-alicious. The very boxy, unflattering jacket. Whassup with the flap on the front, I just dunno.


A big urrghhh! The jacket is like a piece of shit. Cutting, fitting, price - are all wrong. Expect this one will be on the 'SALE' rails during summer sale.


This macs is just too bad. Too big and unshapely. The fabric, however, is not that bad, but the design is practically shit.

Well, that's all I can say. While the colors chosen are really nice, some design are just damn crap. I wonder whether they gonna sell it well in the next couple of months..(I think they won't except for the shirts..). Thank God they used the former Gucci model for the ad campaign to make them look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger