tattoos

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gucci Bags Spring/Summer 2011... The Close-ups

Following up to my previous post on Gucci bags ad campaign, some of them are already available in the Gucci e-shopping site for the fans to buy. Got money to spare? I mean a big chunk of fund to throw... then you can have these now.

I love this camel drawstring bag coz it has side zippered compartment that give more access to the storage space. The leather looks so utterly buttery soft. Expect to pay £1410 (USD$1850) to own one!




There's also a large variety of tote bags in the SS11 collection. The one in honey color leather has additional zippered compartment inside to store your small essentials. Price? £1130 (USD$1450). I know the color will age gracefully with time and the leather could be much more supple to touch...




My absolute favorite is this diamante canvas with ostrich leather trim. The color combo is delicious: tan on ecru. I always love the diamante pattern coz it's much more discreet than Guccissima, and looks even chic. This one cost almost USD$3000... and I bet you know why. Yes, the ostrich... coz it takes time to catch one definitely. Ahaks!





Another canvas is the white with horizontal Gucci signature jacquard webbing. Quite roomy to store your stuff for a quick getaway to the beach. I love canvas for summer since the material is always breathable compared to leather. Some people don't quite get it why I love these kind of totes. One reason is becoz they're large enough to fill all my stuff when I travel. For example, right now I used it to carry my mini tower PC back and forth from office to work at home. Yes, a PC as in desktop, coz my laptop don't have enuff memory for hardcore programming... nggg.

Anyway, this white canvas tote has a central buckle closure for extra secure of storage. Price: £510 (USD$690)





One of the most expensive in the collection is the rustic brown with woven leather webbing. I'm not too stoked with this one, but I do understand all the craftsmanship that has gone into making one. The weaving of the webbing and the handle, as well as the coloring could possibly justify the artisan who charged it for almost £3700!

Wait till you see the exotic skin collection... then you know how much you could expect to pay for the price of the bags...




[pix and price from gucci]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger