tattoos

Monday, March 28, 2011

T by Alexander Wang FW11

It's kinda hard for an American brand to grow on me. Previously I truly shunned Abercrombie & Fitch coz I think their clothings are too oversized to my standard. Yet alone too loose to wear. That also include Banana Republic and Gap, which I think most of their pieces are too washed out and pretty laid back in their look and feel. Include in the list is Tommy Hilfiger - the brand who use lots of bolder stripes, and feel too preppy yet not even chic. The only American brand that I can associate well is probably Calvin Klein - and that's because it got an Italian touch by the name of Italo Zucchelli, who took the menswear department of the famous brand from the namesake owner himself. Others? Hmmm... dunno whether I ever have any American-based designer's pieces in my wardrobe.

And then come Alexander Wang. I was like.. wow! I can't believe that suddenly I got a new crush for an American label. Though most of pieces are no difference than what I saw at Gap or Abercrombie in term of overall look, but somehow Wang's pieces exudes a certain charm that I myself can't even describe. The sporty charm. The simplicity-yet-there's-an-element-of-chic-in-the-whole-look charm. The material, the cut and the fit seems to fall flawlessly under my 'ooh, I like this' list.

Though they look a bit oversized (and most American brand are like this!), yet it skims the body very well. It doesn't hugs too tight, nor make you look like you pile up pounds. It's just right. I love the sleeves of the tee falls right on the elbow. I like the sweatpants and jeans tapered towards the ankle. I adore the styling of combining longer sweatpants with sweatshorts, unlike most designers who use leggings underneath (which is a bit eeek!). And I also love the color palette in this Fall/Winter 2011 collection too, which I think truly sporty chic. The right kind of clothing I would wear when I go dunking at the basketball court. And I do think that most Alexander Wang's pieces are inspired from the street dudes who like playing basketball!

And the fact that top model, Ahmad Jalal aka AJ Abualrub modelling the collection - that really helps to tie the great looks together! 










[pix from style.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger