tattoos

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Converse a New Shoe Language

I flipped through the pages in the Stylist magazine yesterday and suddenly my eyes stuck to this ad campaign by Converse. I'm guessing you can see what I see... oh no, not the skinny legs (and the less skinny!) . But the shoes worn by the person on the far left. Looks like a cut-out sneakers which is so the in thing in the footwear trend this season. I've seen it in quite a couple runway shows - Jean Paul Gaultier did his own version of cut-out sneakers. Neil Barrett also have his own collection. And so as Iceberg.

As much as the menswear has their take on the cut-out sneakers, this one by Converse though is not for the lads. It's for the ladies. Still, I think it's pretty cool - giving a breath of fresh air to the typical All Star sneakers (yeah, breath of fresh air coz the air can go in. Get it?).


[pix from converse]

Yet, if you think it's pretty unfair for Converse not offering the same thing to the guys, you copy the look by wearing this cutout sneakers by Ksubi. By its appearance and all, the shoes - erm, the sandals ... erm, the sneakers... oh, now I'm confused.... the footwear (there you go!) looks pretty much the same.

Ksubi 'artemus' sandal @ Luisaviaroma

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger