tattoos

Saturday, September 6, 2008

My YSL Free Tote Quest and The Gypsy Lady

Last Friday, the Londonpaper mentioned that Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) is gonna give limited edition tote bags on Saturday morning. About 5000 free black and white version of the cotton totes will be distributed across 14 locations in main shopper’s street across London.

The next morning, I couldn’t wait any longer. Reached Oxford Circus, feeling very excited. But… where are the YSL girls?? Arrghhh… couldn’t find them. Perhaps it’s too early. So, went to Burton at Bond St. instead to check out their “GQ Recommended” lines. Try on that fennel check shirt… damn it’s hot! But that’s not what I came for. Half an hour later, headed back to Oxford Circus, in the hope of catching those YSL ladies in black outfit. Well, not for long that I spotted this makcik carrying a black YSL tote. Suddenly spotted the girls, rushed towards them and finally got – not one, but two black totes! Voila. Success!! Feeling happy. Suddenly spotted another YSL groups on the other side of Oxford St… No! Wait!! I got ANOTHER tote – in white! Yeay!

So what’s up with the bags? Well, it’s this cheap cotton shopper bag, for start. It’s not just a tote bag – it’s YSL. There’s YSL logo on the front and “Manifesto A/W 08-09” scriptures at the back. (I kinda like the YSL upside down logo, very anti-cliché). That’s not all. Inside is this ad campaign featuring supermodel Naomi Campbell, clad in non other than YSL. Pages after pages of Naomi.

But I’m still not satisfied. I want more. (Gimme, gimme more… says Britney) Then I headed to Regent St. instead. While strolling around with my eyes wandering the YSL girls, suddenly I’ve been stopped by this old lady right into my face. She slipped in a flower to my scarf. She said, “I know that you’re special. I’m a gypsy. I know from the way you walk you are a good man. You have a kind heart”. Really? Is this my lucky day or what? Very spooky. But, yeah whatever! I tried to get away, and she kinda stopping me. She kept on repeating she’s a gypsy and can see that I’m a good man, had a good heart. Owh.. thank you, thank you..more, more please.. It takes a while with that gypsy lady, and when I find my way out… she then say, “Please pay for the flower”. Damn!


There goes my lucky day… I couldn’t find the YSL girls either. But with three free YSL totes, maybe I am lucky after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger