tattoos

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Confessions of A Shopaholic




If there could ever be a Shopaholic Anonymous or rehab for the shop-a-lotta, then I’m gonna be among the first to check in. I know you’ll agree. Undeniably, undoubtedly. I probably got the talent from my mother as far as I can remember. I think I should be knighted by the Queen for helping the British economy to prosper during this current economic downturn! Still, now and then there’s always something to be brought from the high street stores; big, medium, small, cheap, expensive, free… doesn’t really matters! Weekly activity would not be completed if I were empty-handed.

It’s a huge surprised to found a novel on the you-guess-what title: Confessions of A Shopaholic. Written by Sophie Kinsella back in 2001, the bestseller is about a girl who lives in a metropolis and had a massive addiction towards shopping. (Hmm… what a cliché). They even made a movie on the same title and due to be released next year. Expect the movie to be splattered with the images of shopping malls, designer labels, shopping bags, shoes, more bags, etc… Think of Devil Wears Prada meet Sex and The City, if you know what I mean. (I like the tagline - You speak Prada!) The movie is set in where else other than Manhattan. Wonder, why there isn’t any similar kind of flick set up in London. Hey, we even have better malls too!!

My word, shopping is not just about spending money. It’s also a perfect exercise. Bicep and triceps curl, hamstring stretch, shoulder press, cardio all role into one! LOL! In the word of Carrie Bradshaw, I’d rather see where my money is – hanging in my closet! (Well at least I have no credit card debt!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger