tattoos

Friday, February 25, 2011

... But Dude, Where's My iPad? : Part 3

Aaaahhh! The rumors really are killing me! Too many versions, too many stories, too many brouhahas out there in the blogsphere on the tech specs of the new iPad 2. With less than 5 days from  now, I know lots more hearsays gonna surface up there for the websurfers to 'believe'. Latest that I heard, iPad2 not gonna sport any SD slot making it un-expandable unlike its compettitors. And the screen is not gonna be 'retina display', and not even high resolution either. Whaaa...? And what's more? The body gonna be carbon fiber to give a very lightweight feel compared to the previous iPad so that you won't be able to tone your biceps anymore should you carry it at longer period. Ha! There you goes... rumors, rumors... but aren't we all love juicy gossips!?

Anyway. Making my third list into the iPad2 countdown is another iPad cases. This time it's Gucci. Okay, fine... this is not new coz it's somehow already being out there in the market since forever. Even Harper's Bazaar already include it into their top list of 'chicest' iPad cases last August. Look down there for proof...



But what is new is: I finally got one myself. Though I'm really lusting over that Louis Vuitton monogrammed canvas iPad case, yet Gucci is equally good. And it's leather, so that itself is a great plus point. (LV people always give me the same answer "we're run out of stock!" everytime I called their store at Bond Street! ~sigh~)

What is interesting about this Gucci Guccissima monogrammed iPad case is the material used, by which in Gucci's own word is called 'rubberized leather'. What's rubberized, you ask? The texture feels much like rubber, that I think is a neo-technology by Gucci to make it more hardwearing unlike some other leather materials. But don't be fooled by the feel to touch, coz the smell is all leather. Italian leather at its best!

The design is very simple, very sleek; with a velcro top flap to secure the iPad in place. Inside it is suede-lined with 'Gucci' and the original serial number hotpressed onto it. On the top left corner of the case is Gucci signature webbing tab in red-green to give a sense of that designer feel.

Still, what makes me go for it is because of the embossed monogramme double-G Guccissima which is something that I always love. It's their signature. It's something you know from afar that it's THE brand. It's Gucci.

Yet, one thing is missing: dude... where's my iPad??








Oh, where to get it? At any Gucci stores and online.

In my case, I get it at Mr Porter website, to test my 'luck' in becoming one of the Founding Member of the online store. I really love the service done by Mr. Porter... the free delivery is so damn fast! In about 2 days, my order has arrived safe and sound eventhough I'm right here 12 hours away from London. The best part is actually unwrapping the 'treasure' inside: there's a box in a box in a box. The usual postal box delivered by the courier. Inside is the very chic, white, hardbound box by Mr. Porter. And inside it is the choc brown, eco-packaging box by Gucci.

One word: bellissimo!

[wait for my next instalment of iPad case... which I think might shake up the entire fashionista seats!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger