tattoos

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

London's Calling. London's Snowing.

First time ever - after five years and nine Fashion Weeks later - I'm away from one of my most beloved city on planet Earth, London. Am I missing it? Of course, I do. Though I always said London has the worst weather anywhere I've ever been, still the city exudes its own charm without any doubt. Quirky cool, but inspiring. It's where street fashion meet high-fashion at a larger note. You got mod mix with punk, tradition meet contemporary, cheap chic meet haute couture - you can see different styles when you roam around at different boroughs in London. From East to West, North to South... one thing that unites the trend together: it's a London look. The look that you can't find in Milan. The trend you can't see in Paris. And probably you might not stumbled upon in New York. Yeah, it's the London look.

And talking about inspiring, isn't that London has produced large numbers of world's most coveted fashion designers? Just name it: Stella McCartney, John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood, Matthew Williamson, Paul Smith, and of course the late Alexander McQueen - London has definitely well known for the best designers in the fashion universe . That's without a doubt.

Mentioning Fashion Week, I'm still in the state of 'digesting' the fact that I can't cover London Fashion Week anymore. Something I think leaving some 'big hole' in my life. I used to roam around Somerset House @ The Strand every February and September, as well as at Natural  History Museum in Kensington before that, to capture who's who doing what, or who's who wearing what. Or to grab the Fashion Week issue of ES Magazine and The Daily - LFW official 'newspaper' - to read what's on the news on the previous day. Or attending the exhibition at the basement of Somerset House entered thru Embankment road by the Thames. Or to catch the old Routemaster no. 9 with some fashionistas who can't get any taxi but too posh to walk to the Charing Cross station. Or to catch a glimpse of Anna Wintour and the fashion packs like Victoria Beckham, Emma Watson etc etc, under the pouring rain who attended Burberry show nearby Millbank. I can't do it anymore, man.... and yes, it does leave a big hole in my life.

But anyhow, that's life. Sometimes things happen for reasons and I'm not complaining. Yet, one thing for sure - I'm hoping to be back to London this July or August. Or probably as early as late June. For what? Summer sale, definitely. Some might ask, aren't you already have EVERYTHING in your wardrobe? Don't you have enough already to wear for the rest of your life?

Well, the answer is: of course. But in fashion, as Anna Dello Russo said - NOTHING SUCCEEDS LIKE EXCESS!

Anyway. Mentioning Burberry show, thanks to technology coz I can still catch the FW11 womenswear that's streamed live at midnite last night. Read: midnite! It's all because of the time difference, dude. (That doesn't include the previous IFB's Evolving Influence Conference in New York during NYFW, where I'm up at 4 in the morning to watch the live streaming!). For those of you are already in their dreams and missed the show... well, you can still watch it here. As what I used to mention, what you see in menswear is echoed into womenswear as well. And vice versa.

Yet, one thing is different: it's snowing in London!

p/s: oooh, I love JD. and I love Adele. London rocks!


and the previous Burberry Prorsum FW11 show in Milan...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger