tattoos

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Highstreet Vs. High End: Nylon Tote

My friend who studied polymer used to tell me the origin of the word 'nylon' is actually "Now you've lost, Old Nippon". It's originated from the US during the World War II when the trade of silk between the two countries crippled due to the atomic bombing, and the American having developed the new product (that's nylon) has found a new replacement for silk. Yadda, yadda, yadda... I dunno if the story is true, yet for whatever reasons it's good to know some history sometimes. But, now the war is over okay. And all I want is just 'WORLD PEACE' (Hmm.. now I've sounded like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality, lol!).

So. Talk about nylon - nylon tote is not only the biggest trend in summer, but also in autumn/winter. I don't really like the smooth nylon due to the noise it made while you're carrying it. And it looks dead cheap, even if it's from a designer label. I'd rather go for the twill one coz it's more durable and better wear.

Well, Prada got one nylon tote in brown with matching color leather handles and trim. Yes, it's 'smooth' nylon but I love the simplicity of the design, especially the adjustable handles which is very handy. Very chic too. Yet, I'm not quite sure whether the price really translates into the look very well to be honest (>£500!)

But if you want something quite similar, COS got one in black. Though it doesn't have the adjustable handle, you got the shoulder strap as an additional features. Casual, formal - I think it can rock in any look you like. And with price just below £100, you can even get 5 of this with a price of Prada! :)

[pix from prada and COS websites]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger