tattoos

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Malaysia's Men's Health Mag Need Resuscitation!

Holla! I'm back in Malaysia (for a short break, of course). I'm really in dire need to get away from hustle bustle of London. Out from the unsettled British weather. Escape the claustrophobic underground Tube. In to the hot (but great) tropical paradiso, Malaysia.

But oh, am I missing something here? Of course, the fashion part. I couldn't separate myself to the marvellouso London's menswear fashion scene. The for ever growing trend haven for the urban alpha male who like to look good. When I touched down to KLIA, the first thing I did is visit the nearby bookstore to take a glimpse of some man mag out there (the lifestyle one, not the *ehem* :)).

So what's my take? Hmmm....

Men's Health mag, for example - after my two years away, I found that this mag is nothing near the UK or US version. Very bland. More like a highschool style of reporting. Quite 'jumbled up' with immature outlook. You can find the 'exercise' part here and there, instead of in special 'exercise' section. Fashion part is absolute and ridiculous blah. It doesn't even entice me to find and buy the stuff on display. Plus, the stuff that are shown is just plain expensive. Where's the cheaper version? And the choice of cover model (for this month, that is) is... no comment! And what's up with the MH Message Board. Very space and cost wasting - Small and uninteresting pix but loads of empty spaces. The articles are too damn long. We men need shorter and concise but very informative indeed. Not a plain novel like!

I was hoping the standard really could be up there with UK version - very thick and attractive; articles are concise but informative, the presentation is fab, and the fashion part is amazing. Even the way some photo is taken is just so wonderful. Since UK (or in London, at least) men are chiconomics, there's even choices to pick cheap ensemble without sacrificing style.

Yet, M'sian version is too f**cking rubbish (and expensive). So my word to the MH team - heal this mag please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger