tattoos

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Going Commando...


During my cleaning-up session around the house the other day, I pulled out my old clothes that has been kept in some boxes in my wardrobe. I dunno how long it's been there. Or better yet, when is the last time I've worn 'em. Years, probably - which I may now call 'em my own vintage clothes. Some I haven't dare to put it on coz it doesn't suit me anymore. :(

Among the piles of clothes is this camouflage pants that I got at Camden Town about a decade ago. Yeah, you heard it right, mate... a decade. I was scouring along the market at the right side of the Regent Canal, opposite the MTV Studios in Camden, when i saw this one and grab it instantly. How much did I pay? £6! A cheapo, but last till today. I wore 'em quite a lot back then, and my mate always said "hoho... Zamri is going grunge again" when they saw me wearing it again and again. It's comfy... what's not to like? Oh, I also found a camo print neckerchief at one nite market here, which cost around RM2 (about 40 pence). I just love how quirky it looks.



When I read from Asos Style Tips that some previous trend can be made new, I think camo is one of them. Yes, back in 2001 army camo print is a huge trend both in menswear and womenswear. Lots of Londoners wear it that period including myself. Then again, in last week's Asos e-newsletter, it featured the Pretty Green parka in camo print - which I then asked myself... hey, camo is back!? yes, the army style is back in business again! Holla!


Well, 2010 indeed see the return of camouflage print in menswear. Like the one sashayed on the Dsquared2 SS10 catwalk in Milan in a quite eye-popping camo. At highstreet there're Converse sneakers to espeadrille by Mango. And some shirt at He by Mango also feature the camo-esque pattern which is quite interesting. At H&M you can get the camo lookalike shorts with the leaves motifs on it. Well, not just that. There's a whole lot more camo prints like t-shirts, bags and flip flops too. They're pretty cool...

So, isn't it time to rock in camo again?

Btw, going commando - you think I'm gonna write something about going au naturel? Ha! No way.... ahaks! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger