tattoos

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gucci Icon-Temporary: What Happens in London... Stays in London

Finally, London got its turn when Gucci Icon-Temporary Pop-up sneakers store finally opened its door yesterday at Seven Dials, Covent Garden. I dunno how many have queued, but I bet some already bagged those sneakers and the exclusive carrier bags. Damn... I've just wish I could fly to London right this moment for that event. Well, not really to buy the sneakers though... but to feel the ambience and the like. :)

Anyway, the gala party for the opening is attended by Frida Giannini herself together with the sneakers designer, Mark Ronson. Yes, Ronson - the music maestro - who also contributed to some exclusive tracks in a 12-inch vinyl for those who bought the sneakers. The after party is then held at Soho, and Mark is wearing top to toe in black and white - and his polka dot shirt even match the sneakers he's wearing. Talking about streamlining, huh? I bet it's all Gucci! (of course, what else silly)


Anyway, some of the pix of the flash store in Covent Garden. I'm really feeling the vibes of London when I see the building and that double door. Very rustic charm that exudes the warm feeling of what London is all about. And inside is all about very modern, clean and lots of white - with the sneakers lying on the display for those little monsters to grab home.

Oh, have you seen the sneakers? Well, I put some in the previous entry though - like the tweed chukka boots and the polka dots sneakers that you can bought exclusively via iPhone apps. But other sneakers... hmmm... I think they're all a big 'let down' though. Sorry Gucci, I'm not feeling any signature Gucci here apart from the tag scribbled at the sole or on the sneakers 'tongue'. The color is way too tacky and the design doesn't excite me at all. Now I dunno whether paying more than £400 for a pair would be worth the buy.

But anyway, one man's meat is another man's poison, right? Probably some die-hard Gucci little monsters out there would grab 'em and in a sneakers bliss right now. =)

Btw, the store will open for only 3 weeks before moving to Tokyo for its last and final stop.






[pix from gucci fb page]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger