tattoos

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

C.I. Diabolique

The day has finally arrived. Well, not for me but for those students across the country who're taking their SPM (or GCSE equiv) - the ultimate high-school diploma that's so valuable which can alter their life forever. The certificate that will define them of who they are as future leaders. The one that'll put the food on the table. The one that'll get 'em job. Well, sort of. Why I said sort of? IMO, any cert will get you job nonetheless. What is more important is will to live. And willing to work, regardless of what qualification you possess. Even if you don't get your desired results, what makes you worth it is: to chase your dream. And to live it. (and to use L'oreal, coz you're worth it too, ahaks!).

On the other side of the country, some uni students are sitting for their final exam. And today I am quite delighted to be given the role as a Chief Invigilator for some papers at my college. I've been invigilating for quite sometime before - both as normal invigilator that fades behind the scene, or as Chief which I'm always happy to do. So many times. Countless. I dunno what kind of perception the students have when they see me on the center stage, handling huge numbers of people that can always create havoc no matter what during the exam period. Or to be heading other senior invigilators, coz to their eyes I'm just a young bloke who's look doesn't differ from them. Many times I do get that statement "are you a Final Year student?" which kinda flattering (I'm not even joking). When I told 'em, I work here - you can see how big shocking eyes with jaw-dropping look they gave me then. It's funny.

I also remember I've created quite a 'news' after the incident I caught people cheating in the exam. Not once, but many times. I dunno what's my secret to be honest, but my guts always tell me something when I saw students who try to sneak in notes or piece of paper into their pocket. There's one time I caught a student who brought a chunk of note into the exam hall - and I saw him copying what not which he slipped under the answer script. And busted! He's been barred for two semesters due to that. All because I caught him so.

I think because of that the exam unit made me the Chief Invigilator. Coz I can smell the dirt. There're too many 'method' of cheating which is too vast to mention. From having the classic one like sneaking in notes or pieces of paper into the pocket or shoes, to putting them into the toilet bowl or behind the cistern; inside the pen or behind the calculator, to having a small bluetooth earpiece which is too tiny for the eyes to see that can connect them straightaway into another lifeline somewhere out there (and that's why handphones are prohibitted in the hall nowadays!). Too many. I think if I go on, I might write a book on how to cheat in the exam! And that's why by having a mind of a criminal made you a good 'preventor'. But one thing that I wish - can't they just write all the notes in their mind instead? =)

So, today for a role as Chief Invigilator I decided to 'perk' up my style and stand out instead of blending in to the background. The main objective: my style must be 'hot' enough so that the students can be distracted by it. Not too hot otherwise I fell into the 'tacky' category, rather it's something subtle. Like a suit coz so far no invigilator would wear one. Yet alone a skinny suit like what I'm wearing today.

And that's what I'm wearing - the skinny suit by River Island in micro-check pattern, combined it with the 'dark nude' slimfit shirt by Asos and a black tie by Red Herring @ Debenhams. Kinda similar to the one I wear in previous Convo rehearsal event before. Simple. But because of the very form-fitting that you can actually see every curves on my body (though I don't have many curves btw!), that's why I think it stands out. Do anybody here wear anything close to it? No. And I think the students are gonna be distracted by my suit. And eventually cannot answer the exam questions, perhaps. Kinda diabolical, right? Lol.

So, does my devilicious attempt work? Sort of. Yes, it's kinda flattering when I see those student's eyes are more towards me rather than on their exam scripts. Especially those gorgeous looking one, coz the nerds are too busy with their work. And it's kinda weird too when their eyes are also following me when I moved around. Too much, too much... I think. Ahaks! And did my diabolical point to make them cannot answer the exam question works too? Maybe, coz I see some of them only did two questions, when they're supposed to be answering five. Well, it's not my fault coz the subject IS hard, you know. Ha! :)


The Chief ... on the way to the exam hall.


The Chief... on duty.


The Zara perforated oxford. This is not the shoes I'm wearing today.
This is what I wear previously...
For the C.I job, I pair the ensemble with my Hugo Boss boots,
to give more elongation on the legs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger