tattoos

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Longevity: Leopard

Fashion today is all about longevity. Longevity on how long will a clothes survives in your wardrobe before you put them in a box with a word 'OUT' scribbled on a piece of paper attached to it. Or before you gave them to a charity shop like Oxfam for other people to 'enjoy' it afterwards. Or worst, you chuck 'em away in a bin - ended its life once and for all. Indeed, fashion is about survival.

Trend is the same thing. A trend is considered to have its longevity when it appears season after season. Be it for autumn/winter or even spring/summer - longevity is surpassed with flying colors if a trend become seasonless. You can wear it then, and you can also wear it later regardless of what kind of weather you're in. One perfect example that saw a great survival out there in the 'wild' world of fashion is leopard print. If you happen to read my previous post, it seems that leopard print is becoming a fad in clothing as well as accessories not just for current FW2010 like what Gucci and Kenzo did, but it also gonna be a big thing next SS2011. Yet, wait a minute, it's even appears last SS2010 as well! Perfect longevity, huh?

When I crack open my wardrobe the other day to do my bit of reorganizing, I can't believe I do have some leopard print tops in my collection. Heaven knows how many clothes I really have that most of the time I've lost track when did I bought them. One of them is this 'typical' leopard print shirt by Upper @ Topman. I still remember to write something about it in my BigFatSnoop before, but never thought it ended up in my shopping bag. I swore to never gonna buy it since the fit is too slimming (too much hugging!). But somehow, somewhat it looks great and I just found it in my clothes box that's recently arrived from London.


Shirt - Upper @ Topman
Jacket - River Island
Jeans - Uniqlo

I think if it's a bit too flamboyant, I might tone it down by wearing a jacket so that the leopard print appears 'peeking' from underneath. I have to say I love the color since it compliment my skin tone pretty well. :)

Another piece of leopard is this V-neck sweater by Zara. I love the color which is quite subdued and not too flashy as the previous one. I call it urban leopard due to its grey color. (You got snow leopard in white, so why not urban leopard in grey, right? Ha!). It's very light and the fit is awesome. I think if people might be 'threatened' by the print, I might also tone it down by wearing a blazer in similar hues as well. :)

So. Do I see longevity in leopard print? Absolutely yes.


Leopard print sweater - Zara
Wool blazer - River Island
Jeans - Uniqlo
Grey suede bag - Jimmy Choo for H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger