tattoos

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Stuff: River Island 'Fringe' Scarf

It's the curse of going to the highstreet. When I hit Oxford Street last week upon my arrival (despite having the worst jetlag), there's no way for me not going to my 5 'staples' highstreet labels - Zara, H&M, Topman, Uniqlo and River Island. It's a must. In fact, those labels are the one that fill up my wardrobe anyway. And as I mention a 'curse', whenever there's something caught my eyes, and the price is right (and looking devilishly good, ahaks!), I snap it up just like that. And that include this monochrome scarf at River Island.

I was browsing around the scarves section in the store when suddenly this one pop out and caught my attention, though the one that I'm looking for is the spring snood. What I like about it is the fact that it's a square-shaped and got fringes just like my Afghan scarf. Though this one doesn't have the houndstooth pattern like the Afghan one, but the mesh knit somehow gives it's own pattern to the otherwise plain looking monochrome. And it's quite lightweight and doesn't wear down once wrapped around the neck.

Instead of wearing it like I used to wear my Afghan scarf, I did the way the stylist did in the Hermes Spring/Summer 2010 catwalk show - by letting the knot shows on the front. Kinda similar way how I wear my neckerchief. Still, I wish this one could've been a bit smaller so that the ends could finish up just on the mid-section. And to fold it even more, so that it really looks like the Hermes way. =)

The price? Very cheap. What's not to like?


Hermes SS2010
[pix from gq style]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger