tattoos

Monday, May 24, 2010

zaBigFatSnoop: H&M Fashion Against Aids 2010

Fresh from the highstreet of London, I'm back doing my snooping again. Invading the fitting room, trying out what's new out there to offer for the fellow shopanistas. I can tell you how exciting it is to see that the sun's shining again after the forever gloomy weather in the previous weeks in London (by which, thank goodness I'm not in the capital, ahaks!). And mentioning what's on offer, love that the collection for Spring/Summer 2010 is splendid. Better than previous years. At better prices too.

First up, is H&M. The Fashion Against Aids collection for 2010. Fyi, last year H&M has done the same 'good cause' collection featuring only t-shirts designed by the celebrities like N.E.R.D, Moby, Katy Perry, Dita von Teese etc. And by which I bagged one of them - the skull tee by Tokio Hotel which is awesome. If I know I love it so much, I'd bought two.

Anyway, this time around the theme is changing. It's the festival theme. Think Glasto, or V Festival, or Weston Supermare where people camp in the name of music. Yeah, kinda Woodstock if u live during 70s. Lol. So, everything in the collection features stuff and clothings with music festival in mind, like tents, raincoats, jackets, tees and vests, as well as headphones too.

One of the jacket is this one. The military inspired jacket which reminds me of the drummer boy lookalike. What is interesting about it is there's no button. Rather, both sides are 'joined' together with hooks in the middle of the jacket. Fabric wise - awesome. Very thick cotton which seem to suit to wear in fall/winter too. Price? So cheap considering the design and fabric of it. Way much cheaper than what I saw at River Island. I love its little details like the buttons galore, the zippered cuff and the chain behind the lapels. Nice touch. :)






Second piece that I tried - the oversized mesh jumper. Think Soar-Corgi jumper at Asos, but minus the price tag. Love the mesh knit of this one which I think quite neat. Since it's oversized, I think it suit to wear in the nightime esp when you're chilling by the fire. :)




It's also nice to see some shirts as well like these lots. They feel like linen (I think they are!). What I like is the pleat along the middle, giving a dressy feel to this casual top. The fabric is quite sheer, but that's a good thing for summer. You don't want high-pile fabric to wear in the scorching heat otherwise you'll soak in sweat to death. They come in two colors - white and neutral (beige). Price? I think it's £15. Quite cheap.




There's lots of stuff too like the vest and tee with art deco/ethnic print design, which also being featured on the deck chair (part of the FAA 2010 collection). And lots of paisley prints like the lightweight scarves, the vest and the tents too. Oh, there's also a leather jacket made from pigskin leather (eew!) which is a biker, asymmetric one.

Just so to let you know, buy the items - then you'll be donating a quater of your purchase to the foundation for the Aids/HIV education and prevention efforts. So, make your way to H&M now! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger