tattoos

Monday, May 24, 2010

zaBigFatSnoop: za Zara ah ah...

What's hot in Zara? A lot. And that's why it's like a bad romance - you like it all, but you have to limit in getting what you want. Otherwise you'll blew out the whole budget for the entire month buying clothes at one go. But man... do I like most of the stuff at Zara nowadays? Hell yeah... I think for SS10, the collection is way out of the comfort zone. Much edgier, some of it doesn't play safe and tend to go into the 'feminine' side, and lots of new fabrics in store, and yes... awesome. That's one word I can sum it up.

I tried this shirt in nude/neutral tone. The fabric is amazingly lightweight and the fit really contour the body nicely. The thing that I like about this one, despite of the grandad neck which is very much spring/summer, is the detailing on both sides the shirt. The pleat, the stiching which kinda ruche it a bit and make it appear slightly dressy. But at the same time I love the raw feel of this one especially when the threads a bit sticking out to give that 'lil edge.

Another trend for SS10 as I've been mentioning times and times again - the denim shirt. Lots of labels did the typical indigo denim, so it's a welcome to see a white-based denim shirt on the hangers too. This one from Zara is very slimfitting and got a bit of rustic feel especially when the fabric is give kinda washed, tumbled cotton thing. I love the buttons though coz it look quite 'expensive' to me compared to other stud-buttons that I found on the market. The drop of the shirt though - hmm... not a very big fan of it coz it drop way too low below the bottom. But I think, with a quick trip to the tailor, that can be sorted out. :)

Something for the hot weather. The kaftans. This V-neck in neutral linen is too simple looking. The fit is a bit looser, so then its quite suitable if you wanna do your laid-back lounging around by the beach. If you like to zhuzh the sleeves, then good news coz there're buttons located somewhere halfway on the sleeves to hold that rolling up. The fabric - it's very sweat-friendly. :)

Another kaftan. This is a great one. But as they say, don't judge the book by it's cover. The fit is very slimfitting. I mean, really slimfitting - that I can barely put it on to wear. It's a huge struggle with this one, but once wearing it it looks awesome. I love the pattern and its fabric which is also a linen. And the buttons goes way down up to your belly button, so if you wanna look a bit Cassanova, then unbuttoned them all, and let it appear loose. :)

Oooh, this piece I truly like. The harem sweatpants. I think it's the first time I saw highstreet did something like this ever since I've been here. And most stores now try to keep up by offering their versions too. Such as River Island. This one @ Zara is awesome. Simply put - awesome. Though, it comes in a couple of versions - 'long' harem, 'mid' harem and 'shorter' harem sweatpants. I love the first pix which is the 'mid' harem coz it's very cool. Very egdy. The 'shorter' harem is more like too 'balloony' to me, as if I've just pack a lot of stuff in my pants during the trip to Tesco. You get the idea, right? Ahaks! Oh, also... the 'mid' one comes in two colors - blue grey and dark grey.

Into the accessories department. SS10 really offers a huge arrays of ethnic-inspired scarves. I like this one coz it's a cross between being modern with a touch of tribal. Kinda ikat print as well. The length is quite long but the fabric is very lightweight. And Zara got a camo print scarves too which is a new trend to follow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger