tattoos

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fashion Recycling: Oopss..I Cropped It!

It was last week on Jonathan Ross' show @ BBC, I watched Dame Vivienne Westwood preaching about 'buy less item, save environment, do something about global warming'. Well, hang on. Is this coming from the Brit most celebrated fashion guru? Erkk... it does! But, if we buy less item, then you'll go poor. innit? LOL!!

Btw, last night I was so bored. Bored thinking what am I gonna wear tomorrow. Bored because I don't wanna wear long pants or denims or anything that goes way below the calves anymore. It's gonna be sunny (well, that's what the forecast said anyway). so it's time to show off some legs. With all my cropped trousers are waiting their way to the laundry drum, I almost lost hope. Suddenly as if eureka moment lit up again.. aha!! I know what I can do.

Armed with a pair of small scissors, I took all my denims that's been hybernating at the bottom of the wardrobe and hasn't been worn since last 30 weeks. And there I went snip! Snip! Snip! Oopps I finally did it! I chopped them off, turning the denims into cropped ones. Brilliant. Just what I wanted for a long time. Truly because it's hard for me to find any cropped denims or shorts where the hemlines is slightly below the knee (coz I have to cover my modesty :D)

There goes my H&M, Topman and some Uniqlo denims. All becoming the victims of my pair of scissors! Out with never-worn jeans, in with new shorts. And by making a little turn-ups, it looks brilliant.

So, am I actually following what Viv Westwood preached? Hell, yeah! (Recycling that is, yet I'll keep on buying more anyway LOL!!)

My new Topman black slim fit cropped denim.

Uniqlo altered indigo

Uniqlo grey newly cropped denim
The cream of the crops!!
The aftermath... the remains of the denims.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger