tattoos

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Agree and Disagree... with Donatella Versace

Well, folks... Donatella has said it. No cheap shoes, no cheap shirts and no cheap suits. Or in short; no cheap S's! (That's three 'S' btw) =)

I am somewhat in a borderline here. Yes, I know that most cheap clothes are always being linked with bad quality. Either loose buttons here, the hems not well-sewn there, material tend to get torn off or worn out easily and etc, etc... cheap clothes always get bad reputations. But, come on. Not all cheap clothings are bad. In fact, highstreet stores nowadays have raised their standards so that fast fashion is also as good as the high fashion one.

Take +J collection by Jil Sander for Uniqlo, for example. I know lots of you guys out there are with me when I said that their shirts are the best designer/highstreet-store collabo that you can find. From the material used which not only soft to touch, they're from a high quality material. Plus, the fit and cut is awesome too; at a price that even Jil Sander's high-fashion pieces can be put to shame! Such a superb buy. Even at Zara or H&M premium collection, their shirts are worth buying coz they're just like other designer shirts that you can find.

Suit? I know most people can't afford to buy an Armani, a Gucci or a Versace. Or even a Saville Row bespoked pieces. But, hello... highstreet stores like River Island and Topman also got such an arrays of suits at a price that won't shoot up to the roof! Instead of getting a designer one at a cost of three-months mortgage, the one at highstreet stores can equally work magic with a great quality fabric and designs. And last longer too.

Shoes? Well. This department I am somewhat agree and disagree, since I believe that 'feet' us the most important part of any ensemble that can 'hold' you perfectly. Without the right shoes, everything collapse (that means you too!). Yes, I do agree that most cheap shoes are bad, coz I happen to have nightmares with the cheap footwear that I bought at some highstreet stores give me such painful blisters. Not to mention they give some serious bruises and to bleed due to the leather used is too 'stiff'! Yikes!? Cheap shoes tend to use material that can't 'assist' the feet to be comfortable enough when being in one. Either the leather that i said too 'stiff' and can't mould perfectly to the foot, or fabric used tend to tear-off easily. Feet is important part of the whole ensemble coz if you can't walk properly in those shoes, what's the point? As I wrote in the previous post the 'path to true love is less painful when you wear the right pair of shoes'. Isn't it so true?

But again, not all cheap shoes are bad. Some, even the cheap one also made of good quality material. As far as what I've experienced, the one at Zara always live up to my expectations. To me, their leather shoes are awesome - some even supersoft, just like the one by designers. And at so many variety I can choose as well.

And yes, to me 'pricey' designer shoes really is no question. So far, my feet are so much in bliss rather than blisters when I put on my designer shoes. Why? The leather is buttery soft, the seam is superb, the fit is truly awesome, the hardware is totally high-quality and if it use fabric... well, that is from very brilliant patented one. I think everyone, yes I mean anyone, should own at least one designer shoe just to feel the difference. Or try one at the designer stores, if you can't afford. To me designer shoe is really a great investment. Not that you can bring it to Bonhams or Sotheby's to auction it (but who knows right?), but they seem to age well with time. =)

So. The question whether cheap 'S's really is a fashion crime? Well, as what I always do, be selective. Choose wisely, coz eventually I should've been wearing something that can be in my closets even for years to come. Price-wise? To me it's doesn't really matter how much I pay for it; what matter is how much it makes me look and how I feel in it.

* Anyone care to share your thoughts? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger