tattoos

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spotted: Cashmere-Bamboo @ Sisley

Cotton-cashmere? Cotton-silk? Linen-blend? Check, check and check. I've seen it, and I've felt the fabric too. But cashmere/bamboo? This is something new for me coz this is the first time I've stumbled upon it. Sounds weird? Not at all, coz apparently the fabric has been out there in the market for quite some time now. I know I've seen cotton-bamboo before, but cashmere-bamboo? That's should be amazing isn't it.

I actually found it at Sisley when I went for a quick snoop in the previous weekend. There were a couple of sweaters made of it for the Spring 2010 collection. My verdict? You know cashmere is already the softest wool out there while bamboo got some sort of interesting texture to it. Combine them both, voila you got an ultra-soft material ever. (Well, according to me at least). So soft, so luscious that when I touch it, it felt almost like silk. Amazing. And they said that bamboo is quite a strong fiber, plus it's very sustainable too. :)

Oh, talking about Sisley - go and grab the new SS10 lookbook in store. It was ginormous. I think they printed it in A3-sized paper. Nonetheless, the ad campaign is superb. I love the mood, the photography, the styling of the model and the whole ambience it created. The clothes? I think this time Sisley really play the game very well coz the collection is much better than the previous one I've seen (and tried) before. Lots of distressed denims, waxed cotton, leathers and mixed-fibers. Great cut and designs as well. Probably the only downside is the price - quite pricey compared to other Brit's highstreet stores. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger