tattoos

Friday, March 26, 2010

'Operation Desert Storm' @ GQ Style Russia

'Operation Desert Storm'!

No, I'm not talking about the war thing. But the same theme shared between the 'Sex & the City 2' movie and the GQ Style Russian edition for Spring 2010. It's all about desert this time. The mysterious journey to the sandy sandy sand land, searching for something which you can't find in the normal world. Ahaks! (I dunno what i'm talking about btw, lol!). Oh, talking about SATC2, the girls apparently shot the desert scene in a 'real' desert out there in Morocco. Not somewhere around LA or in the States, which is normally being done in many many movies. (Unless what I'm reading is wrong, then i'm lying too here. Nggg..). It's about 2 months time that the movie's gonna hit cinemas. And boy, I think all the SATC fans would do the same thing as what they did last two years ago - camping at Leicester Square, London to get a glimspe of their fav stars. Just wait for that to happen in late May 2010 when the cast hit West End again! :)


Sex and the City 2

Anyway, the GQ Style editorial. Oooh, I love this one. I love the photography that captures the sombre mood of the desert. Kinda like Arabian Nights meet Aladdin. And I love the fact that it features Marlon Teixeira (alongside Vladimir Ivanov), the new breed of male supermodel - who is by now one of the most bankable male model in the industry (well, look at how many ad campaigns he had been into!). And I love the mood of rustic chic that sees a lot of neutral colors like sand, taupe and the other hues of brown, with a little touch of gold as well. As if it draws in the color palette of the desert itself. To me there's something about the exuberant sombreness in the ambience which kinda balanced out by the charm of the clothes, the lightness of the texture of the fabric and the pattern which is quite 'tribal'.

Which one do I like? I really love the Versace tunic that Marlon is wearing. The nude palette is very 'in' this season, and I can see that the tunic is very light and airy as well. And the Bottega Veneta tote bag and the jacket worn by Vladimir, which I think is Gucci - they're all scream 'tribal'. But an edgy tribal prints, of course. And that sandals too, which is the proper gladiator and not a lo-lad coz the straps goes high up there to the calves.

Overall, what a fantastic editorial! But hmmm.. aren't they missing something? Oh, the 'magic' carpet! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger