tattoos

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Sale Highlight: Selfridges Shoe Sale Sucks!

Well, there's lotta of S's. Selfridges shoe sale sucks.

There I am on Thursday morning waking up dire early to be among the first in line for Selfridges Sale. The store said it will open at 9 am. So, I'm expecting there would be long queue outside the store even before 7 in the morning. Just like the previous Winter Sale.

Boy, I aint' wrong at all. Arrived there about 9-ish, meaning I'm already late. But hey, I'm not like that sore losers who still been queueing outside the store just to snap the Gucci @ Selfridges on sale. Well, pardon me. They aren't actually losers, but brilliant coz brave the cool morning weather to grab those Gucci bags at bargain price! And Prada, Miu Miu and Chloe. But hey, they're all women's. :(

Anyway. My only thing in mind going to Selfridges Sale is to get shoes. More shoes. More Gucci or Prada or Dolce to be exact. I made my way back there at the footwear section where the racks labeled with sizes are ready to be rampaged by the shoe fetish like me. But, what a surprise!

Surprise? Yes. First: where's everyone? This ain't like the usual Selfridges shoe sale!? It's like I'm the only one there who scouring the floors looking for bargains. Barely loads of people, not like the previous Summer and Winter '08 sale where I have to fight for the shoe I want. That's how fun a 'sale' should be anyway. But this time.. hmm dunno what to say. Did credit crunch really hit that bad? Or is it still too early in the day?

No.2: Bad bargains. Well, not all anyway. I've been eyeing this Prada boots long time ago and expecting somewhere less than £200 after sale. But hell no. Still expensive - £300, down from £400. This ain't real bargain. On top of that, no Dolce in sight (or maybe none in my size). And Gucci collection is way too off my style. The shoes that's really being slashed the prices are the one I'm not liking for. Bertie, Jeffrey West, Ted Baker and some UK brand that's sucks.

No 3: The range of shoes on bargains are not many. Too much square front, too many trainer-like, flat soles, too much 'pigskin' lining. Where's pointy shoes? Proper calfskin leather lining? Zip up boots? And some footwear looks like they've been ages in the storage room. The texture looks kinda vintage already (good for those who like 'em).

So, what did I do? Walk away. Simple as that. My adventure to Selfridges this time really did not paid off. But at least I'm not buying things that I don't like. :) My next hope for shoe sale: HARRODS! (Well, that where I got my previous Fendi, Dior and Gucci anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger