tattoos

Monday, October 19, 2009

zaBigFatWeekend: Brrr..illiant weekend?

Brrrrr...what a chilly weekend. Now that's a real autumn to me coz the mercury started to slump to the 'teens. But that doesn't stop me of going out to the street, though this time it's not really outdoor - rather indoor at Westfiled. Oh my, I think Westfield is getting much more insane these days coz thousands of people are really spending their weekend there. And since it's gonna be their first anniversary plus mid-season sale has just started too, no wonder flocks and flocks of shoppers are buzzing around like bees at every corner of the megamall.

Btw. What do I find this time? Nothing much. I think the stores are slowing down the pace a bit. Some just filling in new stocks bit by bit. Some quite blah, some is ok. Like H&M, for example - they got this new db jacket. Though I hate db jackets in general, this one is quite slim fitting and gave great silhouette on the torso. And the most interesting, the contrast collar is somewhat similar to Burberry jacket seen in the previous FW09 runway.

New addition to the collection is this waffle-knit jumper, which is also worn by Andres Velasconso in the ad campaign. I like the diagonal zipper on the shoulder that opens right through the armpit. Unlike mine, if you got a great upper body this one is definitely for you lots who like to flash some skin! This knitwear is quite oversized and it lies really below ur butt. And it comes in white too. Price? Just £15! Well, that's a bargain...

Somehow when I scour around H&M 'Purple Label' section, I spotted this bag. By the look, it's somewhat edgy esp with the studded design. (and studded bags are massive this season). But the feel of the imitation leather is quite rubbery, making it looks cheap. And that's a massive 'errkk' points to me. The color is a bit blah too...

H&M also got great scarves for autumn/winter. Very chunky, very long, very wooly but very cheap. Think I may snap one next time, esp the trend of the season - the snood.

Next, I'm off to Topman, with a mission in head. To find a deep V and grandad tee. But as usual, my investigative instinct let me tried some other pieces too. Like this new white shirt which acually has a similar design as their denim shirts. Very slim, very nice fit, great cotton feel. Love the stud buttons.

And the other piece is the skeleton tee which I wrote in the previous blog. It's really fun and funky! I really love the crazy look of it. Plus the fit is very flattering. If you wanna have a very understated Halloween, I think this tee might do the job. And it's quite affordable.

The grandad. Alas I found something which is different from others - a non-ribbed one. I love the fit coz unlike the ribbed cotton, this one skims the body instead of wrapping it (wrapping is hideous if u got slim torso like moi). And these lots comes under buy 2 for £16. Unfortunately they're not going home with me..:(

Then I hop in and hop off at other stores like River Island, hoping to find the scooped neck tee featured in the SHORTLIST. But damn they don't stock 'em yet. Uniqlo? Nothing new since the Jil Sander's collection is still hanging around the display. I really want another JS' black shirt coz they're amazing.

Zara? I'm seriously lusting over their knee-length coats. So uber hot, though the price is a bit eek! Still, the military jacket that I wanted is not there (why, why, why??). But when I went out I can't help spotting the black leather bag on the display. Isn't it something? Maybe next time I'll check this one out too.

Brrrr..illiant weekend? Shopping wise - I don't think so, coz I don't get load of stuff to bring home. Anyway, with a cafe mocha to start the day and loads of free food later in the night - I think my weekend is not too bad after all. Plus I get to mingle with lots of people at the social gathering... putting my flirt factor up for grab! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger