tattoos

Monday, October 26, 2009

zaBigSkinnyWeekend: Animal Instinct...

My forever great formula for weekend: Tube is right full-on service + sky is shining bright! Always work wonders and getting my groove on as usual. Though these time around I've gotta work my ass off on my college project, I seem to manage to squeeze my visit to the highstreet in the nick of time (again!). I know, I can't live without the highstreet stores. It's my life and joy. ;)

So, what's my find this time? It's all about animal prints - from the big cats to the big bear, leopard to wolves; the highstreet really going animal crazy.

Like this tee by Topman - roaring funky with Bengal tiger prints (or issit Siberian tiger?), scribbled so tastefully that you didn't even notice it IS the head of the big cat in the first place. Love the fit though I went for a size smaller for that body-con feel.

H&M is the one that's really went all out with the animalistic groove. From the faux fur stole (which I think a recycle from previous FW'08), the leopard print sheer deep V-neck jumper (they got another one in blue, resembling Marc Jacobs'), chunky zipped jacket with the bear's paw on the chest (hey ain't it look like Eve's tatoo?) and the crew-neck sweater with a stencil-like wolf's head.

Other than that, H&M also got this Liberty-esque paisley print slim shirt in mustardish yellow. Very nice fit though the color is a bit eye-popping... :)

And aha! they also got this glove. Pair this bony hand with the skelly Topman tee and Doc Marten boots, and voila... you're ready for Halloween!

Another aha! H&M seems to be teasing us with their pre-Jimmy Choo collection. First the arrays of new shoes. Then the studded bag that I wrote about last week. And this time is the suede tote. From the material and color (sorry for the bad pix), it is a spitting image of the JC's shopper. This one has adjustable handles and zippered compartment on the front. But I have a small problem with this one. The texture is a bit blah (erk..!). If the JC shopper bag is really like this one, I'd say..PASS!


So, a big skinny weekend it is. Yet, I also manage to use all the Topman giftcards that I got for free the other day. And guess what is the total values of the five cards? £500*!!





(*divide by 100, hehe...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger