tattoos

Monday, July 19, 2010

BigFatSpender: Clip and Tug It to My Bill...

I wrote about it before in my previous post. I knew from the moment I saw it, I have to have it. And as if some fairy just sprinkled the magic dust all over, they went on Sale - so i thought, it's the perfect time to own the bags by Bill Amberg!

And voila... I went to their store at Burlington Arcade @ Piccadilly to take a look before making the purchase. Coz being me I need to feel the material and see the size in real life before spending my dosh on anything. But damn, they're not there! I asked the sales assistant if they gonna be in stock whenever, wherever possible. It was then I happened to learn that Bill Amberg has closed their stores both at Westbourne Grove and Westfield. And now, the Burlington Arcade is the only store which exist in London. And no. The SA said, the bags are not in stock, yet I can order them so that it can be delivered for me.

So, there. After two days later I went back and got these two Bill Amberg signature bags. The Selvage leather Tug in grey/white and Selvage geometric black/silver canvas Clipper. All from Spring/Summer 2010 collection. I love the simplicity of both, and the material they are made of. The leather Tug is damn supersoft.. feels like butter! I was hoping the bridle leather handle would feel the same but it's a bit stiff. Anyway, that's okay. The Clipper is something quite interesting coz it's not a typical backpack. It has drawstring making it more casual and easy access whenever I need something to fill in/take out. Though it's sometimes annoying coz I have to manage the drawstring properly. But that's not a problem too. =)

Both bags come unlined. Meaning the leather is what you see as it is - with suede on the backside, while the canvas is as what it is too. Compartment-wise? Quite ok for daily use. But without any pockets or additional 'small' compartment inside meaning I need to pack small things in other little bag so that it won't get 'messy' inside. =)









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger