tattoos

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Unleashing the Urban Cowboy in Me

Last night I was thinking of what am I gonna wear today. Lately I'm getting tired of wearing tees coz it's pretty much the same days in, days out. I need something different. Especially these days when my body started shedding some weight due to fasting which made me look like Christian Bale in The Machinist. Well, not really...I'm just being so dramatic there. Lol! Btw, I need something that can hide my 'shrinking' biceps so that it won't look hideous.

So, when I started digging my wardrobe, I spotted the denim shirt that I bought almost 3 weeks ago yet haven't got chance to wear. It's from Next. I was instantly lured to buy it coz the fit and the color is amazing. It's by far the best denim shirt I found out there at highstreet. I've tried the one by River Island, Zara and Burton - but damn, they're too hideous. Their fabric made me look like a Robocop. To 'hard' and structured. Not good. The color is also not that flattering and I hate their choice of buttons too.

But this one by Next is my best find. The color, the studded buttons and how it fits and hangs nicely on my body is all great. The fabric doesn't make my shoulders appear 'bulky' (which is the last thing I need!). Price is less than 30 quid, even affordable compared to others at highstreet. But today, I think I'm gonna wear it with a cardi over it to make it appear a bit casual-formal.

And oh, denim shirt is very hot next season coz Dolce & Gabbana showcased 'em during their Spring/Summer '10 show. So I think I'm doing a bit of fashion forward here. But one thing for sure, I'm not gonna wear it like what Bono did (looking like a uniform, yikes..!) :)


My Next denim shirt


Wearing it with H&M cardi over it


Dolce & Gabbana SS'10


Bono in denim top to bottom...in same color. Yikes...!
(pix from mensstyle.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger