tattoos

Sunday, September 20, 2009

zaBigQuickieSaturday: Denim Hunting and Size Zero

I have a quick Saturday visit to highstreet again yesterday. And I think it's the Saturday that I'm feeling utterly lost. Not lost finding my route where I wanna go, but feeling lost of what should I do. Maybe I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with everything. One, because I'm on the last day of fasting, and I'm gonna be back to the previous self of 'binge' eating again (yeay!). Two, because the money's in, and it's not even end of the month yet (second yeay!). But anyway, I told myself 'let's have a quickie Saturday', coz I'll never know what I'm gonna find this time. So, off I am with my Indiana Jones-esque quest at London West End stores.

My first stop, H&M? Not this time. It's GAP coz I wanna find the perfect jeans on sale. They're having 30% off and who knows I might get lucky again after my steal last Vogue's Fashion Night Out (the limited edition jeans). I picked up some of the slim denims which is quite new to me since I never knew their existence at GAP. So my verdict?

Fabric? Amazing. Cut? Amazing. Price? Not so bad. But... (you know this one's coming don't ya?). I dunno is it because the 'aftermath' of fasting, I've suddenly turned to size zero! (If they're any for guys). My usual is 30 inch, but when I put on the jeans, omg... I can't believe they're loose on the waist?! How can this happened? Is it because the American size thing (coz they're slightly larger 'number'). But with 28, it fits well though my butt suddenly being smacked in and me becoming 'butt-less'. Not good. I just can't believe it.

Anyway, the jeans are great. I love the black one with kinda 'unwashed' version. A cross between selvedge and waxed. Very cool. The other one in similar kind felt great too, though I don't really like the stitching that i think it's too showing ('slightly bright' yellow on indigo). Nggg.. don't like it.

The other denim is the indigo one-wash version. This one that I tried is size 28, and man... as I said, the waist fits great but I am becoming bottomless. So..I'll pass. And the last that I put on is what I think I might recommend becoz of the color - light grey. Very monotone, not typical wash-out grey like Uniqlo did. And it's stretchy too, so it hugs the legs pretty well here and there. The fabric is not like the other jeans - it's lightweight denim. A cross between typical denim and khaki. Or do they call it jeano (jeans-chino)? Whatever it is, I like the fabric.

On to Zara. What's hot? I'm falling in love with their new boots. The brown Chelsea almond-toe boots. The color is great, kinda towards mocha or medium choc. And the lace-up boots? Fooh... amazing. I love the twist - it has zippered at the back so that you can slip the foot easily. And also the new broque shoes in dark brown. It seems that brown color is gonna be hot next season, huh?

And also new in the collection is this jeans. Zara's slimfit denims seems to be growing on me after I snatched one last SS'09 (summer sale, lol!). And this grey distressed-look denim is hot. From the fit to the 'scratchy, scratchy' thingy which is actually being sewn in to the jeans making it look torn. Very cool. I am very close to be bringing this one home until I found out that it's slightly pricier than the similar slimfit denims (£30, whereas the others are £20! what?)

And the last stop...hehe..H&M! Definitely not gonna missed this one. While I was scouring their menswear collection (no new clothes btw), suddenly I spotted something on the shelf. OMG! H&M shoes? What a pair of cool shoes! It's blue satin oxfords. And there's another one too. The dark grey patent lace-ups! I didn't know that H&M also did great shoes? What a revelation. And it's not even Jimmy Choo yet. I brought it to the fitting room to try. Voila.. it's just amazing. And the price is quite affordable. So, do I left this one behind; alone on the shelf when I left the store. Hmmm... I can't tell. ;)

I then went home quite early coz need to prepare for the Eid, with something in my hands. What could it be? Tbc... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger