tattoos

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

zaBigFatBreak: Un Week-end à Paris...

Excuse my French, coz I don't speak any. Except a couple of basic phrases to survive like bonjour, bonsoir and of course.. parlez vous Anglais. Lol!

I had a blast! My short break in Paris is nothing but magical. The weather is perfect. My travel is superb. I am so well versed with the city, coz it's not my first time anyway. So, what's hot? Apart from the weather which is truly 'hot' - very sunny - compared to gloomy London, Paris is changing a lot. The last time I stepped my feet onto this fashion capital is almost 6 years ago, during which most people there don't bother to speak English! But now, ooh la la.. everything is awesome. Well, not everything. Almost. The Metro system is now equipped with some English 'phrases', people at the counter seems to understand English - which is truly, truly helpful, and of course... the people are just gorgeous!! I can't help but fall in love with the Parisians, nggg... :D

But all good, nothing bad? Well, of course there is. I forgot that Europeans drive on the other side of the road. Since I'm only well versed with 'Look Right' while crossing the street, I'm almost being run down by a car coz I 'Look Right' instead of looking to the left. Well, they all started cursing, but thank God I don't understand any. lol. And oh, I still hate their old Metro carriages. Hello... do you just asked me to open the door by myself? Excuse moi... we Londoners are too posh to do the latch or press the button, okay. And the city...ehem... is way much dirtier than London (not to mention smell of pee all over, esp at Gare du Nord, yucks!). And the price of stuff...yikes! Just imagine the cost of 2L Evian is Euro 2.50 compared to London's £0.70! Whassup with that Paris?

Anyway. Going in and out of Paris is fun. The city, I mean. Not that Hilton (though that might be fun too, lol). Some of the pix I took. And more to come... enjoy.


Sacre Coure
[Metro: Anvers]


Notre Dame @ the Latin Quarter


Notre Dame
[Metro: Cite or St-Michel]


Le Defense
[Metro: Le Defence]


The Grande Arche of Le Defence is actually aligned with the Arc de Triomphe


Arc de Triomphe @ Champs Elysses
[Metro: Charles de Gaulle Etoile. George V, Franklin D. Roosevelt]


The obelisk at Place de la Concorde
[Metro: Concorde]


A statue at the Jardin des Tuileries
[Metro: Tuileries, Concorde]

The gate at the Jardin de Tuileries


Trocadero, viewed from Eiffel Tower
[Metro: Trocadero]


Grand Palais, where Chanel's show will be held
[Metro: Champs Elysses Clemenceau]


Petit Palais, in front of the Grand Palais


Moulin Rouge - you've gotta have this in your must-visit list! No, you won't meet Lady Marmalade there... ;)
[Metro: Blanche]


Centre Pampidou - a very modern-artsy building.
[Metro: Rambuteau]


The unique stairs at Centre Pampidou


The 'unofficial' memorial for the late Princess Diana @ Pont de l'Alma


Flame of Liberty @ Pont de l'Alma - unofficial memorial for Princess Di.
Underneath it is the underpass where the accident happen
[Metro: Alma Marceau]


Statue of Liberty at Pont Grenelle
[RER: Javel or Avenue du Pdt Kennedy]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger