tattoos

Friday, October 22, 2010

Autumn 2010 Color Match

I'm a big fan of any makeover reality show. Either it's the home decor change like the 60 Minutes Makeover at ITV1 or Property Ladder with Sarah Beeny and The Home Show with George Clarke at Channel 4, to the one that involve image makeover like How to Look Good Naked or those slots that's always been featured in Oprah; I just love it. Coz I can get many tips here and there in any of those shows. There's always little thing that makes me go "aha?! I never thought of that before?"

And the latest that I watch is the Looking Good with Watsons which is aired on 8Tv. What is interesting about the show is when the stylist, Evelyn Ch'ng uses the color wheel when she wanted to find suitable colors to be worn by those people who'll undergone the transformation. Yup, the color wheel just like you can find at any paint shop. And she got a big one. Huge. And she even got it in a 'bib' shape that can be placed on your chest - just like wearing napkin. I think that's truly brilliant coz you can actually see what type of colors suits you - whether you are a cool or warm color wearer.

Anyway. Talking about color, if you happen to read my previous blog post last February you must have come across the Pantone Color Report for Fall/Winter 2010/11. [click here to read]. From Oyster Grey to Golden Glow orange, those color dominates the catwalk during previous New York Fashion Week. And have you ever wonder that you can actually pair one color with other colors in the same 'wheel'? Thanks for those people at G2000... I never thought of that before! (okay, I'm quoting my own quote there, ha!). Some pairing looks chic, while some might look a bit tacky. Whatever it is, you've gotta experiment it yourself to see whether the color match really works on you. But one thing for sure, if you wanna be safe - black and white exist in every pairing of the seasonal hues in the wheel.

So, what do you think? Do you agree with the color matching for Autumn 2010?


[pix from g2000]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger