tattoos

Monday, October 25, 2010

Event Rehearsal: Day 2

Last time I've shown you what I've worn for the first day of rehearsal for the event that I'm hosting. It's the 'cheeky formal' theme - a cropped sleeves blazer with white piping, paired with +J white slimfit shirt and Uniqlo flat front black trousers. And it all went well with my Hugo Boss zipper boots which looks much better compared to my Prada lace-up Oxfords.

So, day 2 rehearsal. It seems that words has spread to the community around that The Voice has return. Yup.. that's what people who I used to involved with these emceeing stuff know me for. While Elle McPhearson is known as The Body... I just can't believe people here gave me that: The Voice.

That morning I was having a bit mood slowing down coz the previous day's rehearsal kinda get to me a little bit. I don't feel the same excitement as what I used to have when I did the same event quite a number of times years ago. Probably new faces came into place and I don't get a chance to see people that I used to work with. Yet, that's the fact we all have to face since in life you're bound to work with all sorts of people. The more you meet, the better. It'll make you even much more versatile.

So, that day I decided to went all 'too solemn'. Or maybe 'too sombre' coz I choose the base black for my shirt and trousers. The shirt is from COS which is very lightweight and quite stretchy (cotton, with 10% elastane), whereas the trousers is River Island's. I paired it with the blue hi-sheen linen blazer, also from River Island to spice the otherwise very dull outfit. And to complete the formal look, I wore the blue plaid tie from Red Herring @ Debenhams. See... everything is from the highstreet!

I think the sombre mood is not too sombre after all coz when I see the hall... hey, did I just took the inspiration from the environment too? Just look at the blue hues of the curtains on the stage. Or the blue seat on the audience part. Does it somehow echo the theme of the hall? Ahaks!

Anyway... about the spreading words. That day I met all my friends that I haven't seen quite a while. From Miss S who did claim "I hear that you have come back!?" to other people whom lots of them said "Hey, why you're so skinny?". Skinny, eh? Didn't they understand the concept of slim-fitting outfit which is supposed to make you look skinny? Or slimmer... that's the right word. But whatever it is, lots of people are truly ecstatic for my return. And ditto - so am I!

Btw. One thing that I'm really scared whenever I'm hosting anything is my weak bladder. If I drink too much tea or coffee early in the day, chances that my frequent visits to the loo is gonna be skyrocketed. Thank goodness that these days are just the rehearsals, there's still time to 'teach' my bladder to have all the patience whenever I'm standing long hours behind the mic. And thank God too, coz there's always an escape route at the back of my rostrum so that I can sneak out easily ... in case of emergency. =)

Oh, before I forgot; what shoes I'm wearing? The black zipper boots by Jimmy Choo for H&M. Totally highstreet galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger