tattoos

Thursday, October 14, 2010

BigFatSpender: What's the Point?

I recently went to a store to buy a 'gadget' that I think one of the most important part of my life (and to some other people too). A gadget that is an essence for any house, yet alone to mine. Without it my life is incomplete, I feel the house is empty though it's a well-furnished house. Without this gadget, my house is not a home; just a house where I eat, sleep, take my shower and got dress. Without it, the home is actually losing its soul.

Anyway. I was about to make the payment at the counter when suddenly the salesgirl had a conversation with me,

Salesgirl: don't you wanna use the 'point' to get a rebate?
Me: Point? What point?
Salesgirl: The point that you accumulate from your credit card purchases.
Me: Oh, really? I dunno how many point that I have to be honest.
Salesgirl: Don't worry... we can check it for you.

After handing out my details, suddenly her face changed. From the look it's kinda bit surprised. She then call her colleagues nearby to see what she had discovered. And then she said...

Salesgirl: Wah! So many points ooo... (a typical Chinese slang).
Me: How many? (Me getting excited as well)
Salesgirl: 163,871. We never see anyone got this much points before.
Me: 163,871?!? (my eyes got bigger since can't believe it myself)
Salesgirl: So. Do you wanna redeem for vouchers?
Me: How much will I get?
Salesgirl: About $810!
Me: $810 ?!! Oh, yes please...!

Then, she get everything settled but told me that the gadget will be sent in a weeks time coz they don't have the stock in-store. I said, okay, since I'll be away from home during that period anyway so the wait is not a problem. She then later said.

Salesgirl: This **** is so beautiful. But not many people buy it coz it's too expensive!

Ha! Expensive it is coz I think this thing is by far the most expensive gadget that I bought apart from my SUV.

A week later, she called again.

Salesgirl: Hello sir, we are verry sorry that the **** that you order is not yet arrived. We have called the supplier and they said it has to be specially order all the way from Korea, since not many people buy it and they don't have the stock here as well. Anyway, we gonna call you once the **** arrived. It probably will take another week.

Me: (This part when I'm quite surprised too when she mention the word 'Korea'). Another week? Oh, well... never mind.

So, it's another week and the thing is not yet arrived. I think probably this gadget is 'too special' that it has to be flown all the way from the Far East. Yet, the question is: what is the gadget that I bought? All to be revealed soon..... :)

Anyway, mentioning about the 'point' - it's not just the number that really surprised me though. It's the hard truth to be swallowed that the point really indicate my own spending habit. A big fat spending, it is. Does it mean that all these time that I used the credit card, I've been spending more than $160,000? Yikes!!!

(but thank goodness, i don't have any debt btw!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger