tattoos

Friday, October 22, 2010

Smoke Chair: Smoking Hot... and Smoking Pricey!

I browsed the latest issue of Glam Deko the other day when I hit the page saying ' Elegent Monokrom' (meaning Monochrome Elegence), featuring everything in black and white. There's even Natasha Poly in the center wearing the very chic white sheer top and a black trousers by Oscar de la Renta. But, that's not what made my eyes stuck onto this page: it's the armchair that sits nicely on the bottom corner of the page which made me suddenly go gaga! (not Lady Gaga, okay)

The armchair is by Moooi, codenamed: Smoke Chair. Looks so fantastic in black wooden frame and black leather finishings. And there're brass studs ornamenting the edges of the chair which give somewhat a period or vintage look to it. I'm truly drawn by its whole design which I think quite similar to the one that you can find in Varseilles palaces in France (think Louis chair). Very classic yet at the same time exudes little bit of modernism in it.

Price? Well, I called the Space Furniture (who supply the chair) this morning to ask about the price tag. And guess what? This armchair which is imported all the way from Denmark cost a whopping RM20,580!!! (That's around £4,200, or USD 6,600). What?!! Oh, my... That means my dream of getting one for my bedroom has just shattered into pieces. Yet, on the other hand - I can always 'recreate' it myself with the help of my carpenter for a fraction of the price. Ha! :)


smoke chair in Glam Deko, Oct-Nov '10 issue


[pix from space furniture]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger