tattoos

Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm A PC. And I finally got it!

It has been weeks that I've been having the enigma whether or not to get a new PC (Read my previous blog). Searching the net on the right spec that I wanted, visited PC World to get some hands-on, and even almost having an adventure of a lifetime in getting it somewhere in North London. It also puzzled me whether I wanted a well-known brand like HP or the Brit's brand Advent. The choice also make me wonder whether I should go for Intel Quad Core or simply get the cheaper version of AMD.

Well, finally I got my answer. Say hello to my new HP Pavillion A6652. A powerful PC run under the AMD Phenom flagship. It's a quad core with a massive 4GB memory. (Phenom is a quad core, compared to Athlon i.e. dual core) Why did I chose AMD? Why not Intel? Simply because it's cheaper. Plus it's actually quieter compared to Intel's. AMD don't get much hype compared to the overrated Intel. And the good thing, the price is quite ok. I got mine at John Lewis and the best thing is they sell it cheaper than HP itself.

The specs:
  • Processor: AMD Phenom 9650.
  • Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
  • RAM: 4 GB
  • HDD: 640 GB
  • Graphic Card: ATI Radeon HD 3650 (512 MB)
  • Optical drive: DVD RAM and DVD±R/±RW (dual layer)
  • OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
  • USB Ports: 6 x USB 2.0

Now I'm ready to take my project to the next level! Wish me luck. Voila...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger