tattoos

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Today I'm Thinking of... Getting a DSLR

I love photography. Taking pictures of anything that catch my eyes and sharing them with people. I know that I get this 'photography bug' from my father who own a retro film camera - the one with a viewfinder on the top. Also from my bro who used to take wedding photos during his 20s. Photography is not just a simple way to record a memorable moments, it's a form of art too.

So far I've own 3 cameras - the one from Nikon is my first film-roll camera, and Sony DSC T1 is my inaugural digicam and I still rate it as the best. Coz of it's simple look and powerful performance at that time (before it accidentally get soaked in water!). Now I'm using the Samsung NV3 - very compact camera with 7 MP resolution. Well, I can snap great photos with it. Still some moments like when I go to the film premiere's red carpet I couldn't get a great shot due to the lighting and blurry conditions.

Come this new year 2009, I'm thinking of upgrading my camera to the digital SLR. I don't really know which one should I choose coz I'm not that knowledgable in this part of thing. My thang is more on compact ultraportable like Sony T700 that I lusted for due to it's slim and massive LCD. But when it come to having great professional feel - no doubt DSLR is the way to go. the one I'm thinking of is Canon EOS 450D. Stuff magazine rated it 5* due to its powerful performance, yet still maintain light in weight. It also get good review from Which? and Good Buy Buyer's Guide. EOS450D represents total digital freedom with access to over 60 EF lenses, including the wide angle EF-S range. High precision, 9-point wide-area auto focus points provides fast, accurate focusing, even with off-centre subjects. Framing your shots is child's play thanks to the Live View mode.

Yet Stuff Mag stated that image quality is best described as accurate rather than inspiring – a tremendous tonal range is captured, with a look that’s very true to life. If you like really saturated, hyper-real blues and greens, the Nikon D60 does that better, but the Canon gives you crisp, finely detailed reality – and there’s nothing to stop you boosting those colours in Photoshop later.

The specs:

  • Resolution: 12.2 MP
  • Type: Digital SLR
  • Screen size: 3"
  • Shooting modes: 12
  • Zoom optical: 3x [18-55 mm - (f/3.5-f/5.6) lens]
  • Zoom digital: 2x
  • Memory Card type: SD/SDHC
  • Continous shooting: 3.5 fps.

Top 10 DSLR by Stuff.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger