tattoos

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Antennagate Solved with InCase Snap Case

To my knowledge never ever in history of new Apple product being released to the masses will create such a fracas like iPhone 4. Yes, I'm talking about the antennagate. While every gadget geeks are amazed by the beauty of the phone, who would've thought that prior 24th June when iPhone 4 made its debut to the public, there is such thing as 'oh, you can't hold it like that' just to get good reception when you make your call. Not that I know, no. Having so many mobile phones before never ever the reception issues would arise if I hold the phone in any way that I like. But nooo... not with iPhone 4, dude.

Still, does people really care with all the hooplas? I don't think so. As T3 magazine did their online poll recently showing that 42% of people don't have a problem at all with iPhone 4. Or only 10% really cares that when the phone 'wears' a bumper, the the issue solved. Period. Well, I can say I'm one of those 42% and 10% really... coz I don't have any problem so far. Yeah, maybe the reception bars are not that full coz that depend on the coverage in that particular area. Yet I manage to surf the web and make call and tweet and fb-ing on the go as swiftly as I can imagine.

Anyway. For those who bought the phone, bear in mind that Apple's gonna give free cases for the sake of solving the attennagate issues. How to claim your free case/sleeve? Just download the iPhone 4 Case Program app from the iTunes and you'll be directed to the step-by-step process; from registering your details to choosing the cases of your choice (example is in the pix below from iLounge)

I've chosen mine. It's the InCase Snap Case for iPhone 4. It took almost 4 weeks for it to arrive. What made me choose this one instead of the iPhone bumper by Apple? Simply because it's the skinniest in the bunch. This thin shell is made of highly durable plastic whih I think a polypropylene or polycarbonate. It's very light and thin, and the frost black color goes well with my black iPhone 4.







As the name goes, just snap it in and voila! My phone is protected from any scratches and bumps. It has cutouts at the top and the bottom, as well as on the left side for the volume control. It also features a Flash Ring that surrounds the camera cutout, by which Incase claims that the innovative feature is designed to prevent glare interference during camera usage when the iPhone 4 is in the case. The Flash Ring ensures crisp images, eliminating unwanted photo distortion when shooting with or without flash.

The most important, this simple no-fuss design made my iPhone4 feel secure in it without feeling any wobbly wibbly bit which could let it flop out. It's so light which doesn't add much weight to the already hefty iPhone 4 and seem to be dust-free too!

Another question is: does it solve the antenna problem? I'm afraid I have to answer that as yes, it does. I dunno what's the magic - but the bars seem to increase a lot. So does the quality of reception!










Oh, Incase also throw in the phone stand which is reversible. Great if you wanna charge the phone without it lying flat on the desk, or to watch the video handsfree. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger