tattoos

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Going Rebel with the iPhone4 Sim Card

So. I got my iPhone4 for more than a month now. No contract, but rather a sim-free one. I don't wanna take the contract coz I won't be long in this country either. You know most of them are normally go for 18 months or so... meaning for nonsense I'll be paying the bill without me being in this country. Thus by having a sim-free version, it gives me much more freedom to choose which pay-as-you-go (or prepaid, for most of you lot) that I wanted. But the problem is, I do lots of overseas call and text messaging - so the cheapest one so far is TalkMobile. Do TalkMobile did micro-sim for iPhone4? Nope. Not to my knowledge, no.

Since I have to use my other phone to do o/seas text messaging and call, it's kinda hassle to bring many phones with me. With O2 currently charging almost £1 per minute call - it was then I decided to bought this gadget instead. It's brilliant. It's called the micro sim cutter by RebelSimCard.

At a glance this 'device' looks the same as a hole puncher. But the thing is at the bottom part is where I can slot in my 'normal' sim card for it to be transformed into a micro version. The shearing part is very sharp, so no messing about with this gadget though.

So, how to use it? Easy peasy. Slot in the sim card as per 'mould' cutter with the gold chip facing downward and the corner edge on the rightside. Then press it hard... and voila! I got myself a new micro-sim ready to be used in the iPhone4.

Next, insert it into the iPhone and in a couple of seconds a message for the new network provider will appear to confirm on your usage. Brilliant. As you can see, my TalkMobile provider is actually Vodafone (? Hmmm... I dunno this one before!?).

Anyway, what if I decide to use it back into my old phone which actually uses a normal sim? Well, fret not coz the guys give me the micro-sim card adapter to transform it back to its 'previous life' (well, they don't give me free - I have to pay actually. Just to clarify!). That tiny black plastic really work magic coz I just pop it in and voila... again, I can reuse it with my old Armani phone. It's up and running as normal. Awesome!

Oh in case you're asking, it works with all types of sim including the international one. Like mine - the one from Happy. So, does this gadget makes me 'happy' too? Absolutely. With the price less than £12, what more can I ask? It's time to definitely go rebel with any sim cards! Isn't that necessity the mother of invention? :)

And one more thing if I may add: make sure your normal sim card, the gold chip really lies on the center of the 'hole' cutter. Coz sometimes there are some sims that is slightly off-center, which in the end when you cut it become useless. Don't say I haven't warn you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger