tattoos

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Laundry Weekend

I hate doing laundry. Period. Well, at least I hate doing laundry while I'm in London coz I have to drag all my stuff all the way to the laundrette which is located quite far from home. Three bus stops btw. And I hate doing laundry too becoz I have no place to hang it dry since I'm living in a bedsit, not a glamourous studio out there in the Central. Meaning that I have to use the in-house tumble dryer whenever to dry out those washed clothes. And you know it's not good to use tumble dryer coz the fibers of the clothes usually tend to ruin. I can say that to you coz I've pay the price for my negligance.

Since I hate doing laundry, I tend to go there once a month. And that's why I have loads of clothes. Yeah, loads... coz I don't have to worry about washing it every now and then. Wear it once or twice in a month, then off into the basket it go. Easy. Except for jeans though coz I tend to wear it again and again. Sometimes when I really run out of clothes to wear, it's a nightmare to bring a huge pile of dirty clothes in a humungous bag to the laundrette to wash. Usually I will take two 'medium' washing machine - one for my whites, and another for colors - and cost me a whopping £7.00! (whopping, coz I think i can buy another tee with that price. Haha!).

Anyway, one thing that made me enjoy going to the laundrette is the ambience. It's very welcoming, with the owner Liz who's quite friendly and chit-chatty. Another thing is, I always feel young whenever I'm in there (or younger), since most customers are OAPs (old-age pensioners!). Sometimes when there's quite a number of ladies around, you can even hear 'em gossipping about all sort of stuff. Their family, neighbours, friends, celebrity... or sometimes even sports! But for me, as long as I got a good book to read, it's all that matters. Or the magazine insert in the weekend newspapers like You or Fabulous, where you can read all the celebs gossips.

Anyway. Oh, is that Cheryl Tweedy on the cover...? :)



Always read the washing instructions!
I pay the price for not following the 'DO NOT TUMBLE DRY'...
my new Asos cowl neck tee has become... slightly deep-V neck!


Always separates the colors and the whites.
But if you're brave enough, there's a product called color catcher
to prevent the 'color accident'.


Always wash jeans upside down.
And oh, there's another old-age rule: never wash denims for the first 100 days.
100 days? What... like Obama in the Office?


Whenever you're bored waiting... take a snap of the shoes! =)


Always bring small wallets...
just for some notes and coins, in that Jimmy Choo wallet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger