tattoos

Monday, August 23, 2010

Trendspotting: Leather Bomber Jackets

Following up to the 'six must-haves' by Gap in my previous post, I think one key item that any man should have in their wardrobe is a leather jacket. A proper one that fits you perfectly without any wobbly bits that shows it's too oversized which could drown you in one, or make you look like you're wearing a 'leather' raincoat instead. When I choose a leather jacket, one thing that sprung to my mind is the leather bomber. Why?

1. I like the ribbed cuffs and waist which ensures perfect snug to my torso. 2. The concealed pockets (either zippered or not) is always look sleek compared to the 'big, squared, hanging out' one. 3. the zippered closing front is much more neat in compared to the buttoned version. 4. it hang just perfectly on the hip - not too high above the waist otherwise its too camp, nor not too low on the bottom or I'll end up looking ridiculous - just nicely drop between the waist and the butt. That's it. And that's the criteria of a perfect bomber jacket that I always look for.

But to find one is a hell of an experience. Most of them are too pricey, like these lots. I like the one by Dolce & Gabbana in black. It looks perfect, either to dress down or dress up. The looks is simple and I can see its longevity making it a seasonless piece to own. The leather looks quite buttery soft, with a nice zipper used.

The one in brown looks quite similar except that it has stitched panelling on the chest. I don't really go for this kind of fit coz based on experience I found out that it'll restrict my movement a bit. Not cool if you tend to raise your arms in the Tube or bus all the time.

The one by Paul Smith @ Asos looks like Dolce & Gabbana, apart from the harrington pockets on the side and high collars. At highstreet, not many do as good as COS - from the fit to the simplicity of the design. The only problem is that; I hope the price is way much 'reachable'!


Dolce & Gabbana black leather bomber @ Yoox


Dolce & Gabbana brown leather bomber @ Yoox


Paul Smith black leather bomber @ Asos


Paul Smith grey leather bomber @ Asos


Black leather bomber from COS

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger