tattoos

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

App to the Level

It was that one occasion when me and the other guy are fixing an equipment in my lab when suddenly he uttered, "do you have the level scale to check whether this thing is perfectly horizontal?". And I just went "erm... I don't think I have".

Then it was a pause.

Suddenly I just remembered that I got the 'level' app in my iPod Touch (it was then, prior to iPhone4...). And immediately I jokingly said, "wait a minute, I think I have an app for that!" (copying the most popular saying). With a cheeky grin on my face, I took out my iPod and tap on the 'A Free Level'. In a split second the app appeared giving the 'level meter' for me to check the angle of inclination of my rig. Voila! It works!

And my friend then was quite impressed. Well, what can I say, right? But the thing is, with iPod Touch (or iPhone 3Gs and before) I have to hold it with my bare hands coz the side of the iPod is curved. Now with iPhone4, I can just leave it stand on the stuff that I'm measuring instead. Brilliant.

And what comes quite handy with the app is the 'centimeters' and 'inch' scale that comes with it. You never know when you need it right?

Hmm.. think I need to check my picture frame now... =)


see... my table is not perfectly horizontal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger