tattoos

Monday, August 23, 2010

BigFatSnoop: River Island

Oooh exciting! It seems that autumn trends has started to be flocking in to the highstreet stores lately. From Uniqlo during my two weekends in a row, to H&M and River Island - all has given new items for fashion lovers to start updating their look for this coming autumn 2010. Mentioning River Island, I love going to their stores coz as I keep mentioning before they seem to be the frontrunner in setting up the trend on the street. That's great coz it means that you don't have to dish out lots of money just for the sake of looking good, right?

So, what's hot in River Island? Military. Period. It's everywhere - from wool overcoat ala Royal Guard, to the mid-length zippered jacket like the French Army to the underworld crumpled leather military bomber that somehow resembles All Saint's. The trend really took off massively for the upcoming season.

And include in the list is this army-inspired jersey vest. It's so versatile coz I can wear it in two ways: button both flaps to each side, then I can wear it as an open vest. Or to let the flap on the right to be buttoned on the left side of the vest (and vice versa) which made it look like a typical military jacket. I also love the 'emperor' collar which made it looks much edgier. Brilliant.

There are actually so many pieces to try but I don't wanna drown myself in that pile of clothing that I'm carrying. Instead I took this suit which I think very interesting indeed. Looking at the fabric, I was so drawn to tried it on coz somehow it looks like the one Calvin Klein showcased in a couple of seasons ago (last fall/winter I guess?).

The fabric is given some kind of flecked finish to it which might come across as tweed. The cut is very mod, and man... I just love how it contours my body remarkably well. Yeah, very slim-fitting. Never I'm so excited to put on new suit like this one before. Pretty amazing!

Last item that I've tried is this camel merino wool cardigan. If in the current summer trend, the pale nude tones seems to be among the color of the season, but for autumn/winter the hues gone a tad darker taken the 'camel' into becoming a fad in the wardrobe. Like the one that Chloe and Gucci did in the womenswear. What I like about this cardi is the white piping along the placket which gives some edge to it. And the fit is awesome, though the fabric is a little bit on a sheer side. Plus it looks great when pairing it with greys. Very urbane. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger