tattoos

Sunday, September 26, 2010

BigFatSnoop: H&M

When a new season started to appear, then the fabrics and color pallettes will change to suit the trend of the season. Like in H&M, it seems that the Spring/Summer collection has already faded from the racks (or they're now at the 'Sale' section) and new fall/winter has already making an entry bit by bit.

One of them is this overcoat which is dire to be the hot item for Fall/Winter 10/11 since camel is the color of the season. The cut is awesome, really slimming with a bit drop on the shoulders. I really love the hems on the waist which give a sense of 'hugging' that contours the body pretty well. And the extra pocket adds a little Italian flair to the design. I know the color is on the lighter shade of camel, but when i picked this one up it whispered Gucci to me. Or Gucci-ish...


Gucci camel overcoat
[pix from gucci]


New waistcoat in wool at H&M. When I saw it in the online shopping site, I was quite drawn to the contrast hem on the pocket. It gave a slight edge to the otherwise plain vest. Though the front part is pretty okay, unfortunately the backside is not. I actually hate any 'smooth' nylon on the back side coz it made the whole thing looks quite cheap. And this vest got that, plus with the cheap hardware used for the adjusting the fit - let's just say this vest is truly cheap overall (and that's why it's less than £15!). I think if H&M use the same grey wool material throughout - it'll be smashing since this waistcoat got nice lapels on it.



Second vest that I tried is on the 'premium' side of H&M: the grey herringbone tweed waistcoat. Love the fit and the fabric which is very autumn/winter trend. And thank goodnes that the backside is better - though it's nylon, the twill made it feels much expensive (though I hate the cheap hardware used in this vest..). This one has no vest but with more buttons than the previous.



I'm also searching for a merino wool cardigan. Based on past experience, the cardigans that I bought from H&M is the best I could find in the highstreet coz the design is better - the fit is very snuggly and the wool is 'thicker' than Uniqlo or Zara. Unfortunately for this cardigan that i tried, i dunno what's wrong with the whole design. Though the size is the same that I bought, it looks so oversize which made me looks so very sad in it. Just look at the length! It's like honey, i shrunk myself in it kinda thing. Not good. Ahaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger