tattoos

Thursday, September 23, 2010

BigFatSpender: Back to Black - Part 1

As far as I can remember, the last time I slipped on those velcro shoes is when I was in 5th Grade during the primary school days. It's called Pallas Zap-on in white with multiple straps on top which I think then was so cool. It's easy to wear coz once I zap it on (hence the tagline also sounds like that, unfortunately)... then I'm ready to go. No time wasting to tie up those laces.

Then when I grew up, dunno why i never go for velcro shoes anymore. Though I've seen so many designers especially Kris Van Assche did a lot of velcro trainers, my heart never wanting to go for it. Not until I saw this hi-top sneakers by Gianfranco Ferre under his GF line. So much so, I love how cool and quite 'futuristic' it looks.

At first I thought it was just a typical trainer with nylon mesh on some part of it like Nike or Adidas that give more ventilation to the foot. Boy, am I wrong coz inside the sneakers is actually fully lined with leather. A great, intoxicating smell of black leather. So awesome. I love the velcro that went all the way to the ankle.

The fit is very slim, couple with slimmer rubber sole which is way different from the typical designer trainers that I saw out there like Lanvin or Bally. The only way that I can wear it is with very slim-legged jeans or let the trousers tucked in.

Oh, what me choose this sneakers apart from the fantastic look? Becoz it's black.. easy to pull off and not a dirt-friendly should I take it for a morning jog. Also coz it's cheaper at less than £80! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger