tattoos

Sunday, September 26, 2010

BigFatSnoop: River Island

What's hot in River Island after my last snooping at the store a couple of weeks ago? There's lots of stuff actually. From the knitwear for Fall/Winter collection to some tribal-inspired headgear ala punk to the military-themed outfits suits for the incoming seasonal trends.

One of the items that I tried is this white shirt with blingy collar. Where have I seen like this before? Oh yes, from Prada Fall/Winter 09 last year, which is also inspired Uniqlo to have on their own version with the one in black that I bought last time.

This one from River Island feels a bit 'cheap' in a way that the studded material is nothing like Uniqlo did. They're made of plastic which is similar to the stuff that my sis-in-law used to use to accessorize her scarf. And to add to that, the fabric is also a bit thin and kinda peeking, that I can even see the tag when I hid it underneath.

Second up, the cardigan with leopard print. The fit is quite ok though I'm not really feeling the design as a whole since the 'amount' of the leopard spots are quite scarce making it more like a genetically-modified leopard rather than a real one. Unlike my leopard jumper by Zara, which is better. This one made it feel more like chav rather than chic. I think if the spots are much smaller (and a lot) that went all the way to the sleeves - then I might consider getting it.

The army theme is hot and none can do better than River Island at highstreet level. They got loads of military look from the peacot-style to the leather jackets, shirts and cardi with army there in mind as well as overcoats like this one. I think I've written about this jacket before though then I haven't got a chance to try it on. And voila... now I'm giving you straight on from River Island fitting room - the grey double-breasted military coat.

In general I truly adore the design. The material feel quite expensive though it may come across a bit like felt. The fit is awesome - very slimfitting and the drop is just perfect slightly above the knee. I love the extra details like the double-strip epaulettes and on the cuff which truly made it more 'army'. Yet, there's a 'but' in this coat though - I hate the use of plastic buttons. With the given price of £95, I'm expecting all the hardware must be metals, just like the drummer boy jacket that I bought before. It's like an anti-climax coz the buttons really drop the value of it from being truly outstandingly okay, to pretty cheap to my eyes. Though I know one can go to the shop and buy metal buttons, but come 'on... who wanna fork out extra money when you've already paid 95 quid for the jacket, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger