tattoos

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

SHORTLIST Style: Deck Shoes

When I went to London Fashion Week at Somerset House last week, I was quite amazed to see some of the guys wearing boat shoes. Blimey, I know it's still summer.. or late summer to be exact. They wear it like what you used to see on the mags or in the men's fashion sites like GQ or so... with no socks and a bit turn-ups on their trousers. Some wear it with socks; not plain socks but patterned one. Very cool... Me, I don't dare to wear boat shoes in the cool weather like it is last week, or I'll be frozen to death. But for those who wore it - my hats off since you're brave enough to hold still and looks fashiony in the late summe chill!

I think boat shoes now has slightly started to become a bit seasonless. When I said seasonless, they may have taken a minor change in the overall design, such as changing the material from canvas to a much 'thicker' leather, or transform it into a chukka boots. Like the Gucci Ronson for London edition. Still having the look of a typical boat shoes, with the upper toe stitching and the laces that goes all around some holes around the shoes - but the 'cut' goes slightly towards hi-top (if you know what I mean).

But, if you still like to wear a 'traditional' boat shoes, Shortlist gave you some of the selection out there for you to grab. I like the neutral one on the top right since they can go with any trousers especially chinos. Or the navy below it for some nautical look. Or for some extra oomph, I'll definitely wear the red leather next to it. Just so 'punchy'!

[click to enlarged]

[pix from shortlist]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger