tattoos

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

BigFatWardrobe: Shirts

A glimpse into my wardrobe. Some collection of smart shirts for work which is old and new. I once read a question posted by a reader in the GQ website, how many shirts that a man should have? Something which I found quite funny... coz why you wanna ask that kind of question to anyone. Just follow your instinct and whatever style you wanna have - then voila. It doesn't matter how many you CAN have in your wardrobe.

For me, I used to work in the public eyes so there're need not to be seen twice in the same shirt at least in a month time. (why suddenly I sound like Victoria Beckham?). These are some 25 pairs of old shirts that already make their way into my wardrobe...

And these are another 87 pairs of new shirts that are in dire need to get their own hangers...(i can't believe that those are actually 87 pairs!)

Yet, if I ever being asked that question again: how many shirts should a man have? - I can comfortably answer that 'at least you can wear different shirts in a period of two weeks'. And get a lot of white shirts coz they're the one item that any person who roam planet Earth must have in their closet. They're the most versatile that can go with practically anything, either to dress up for the special occasion, to the office or wear it casual with jeans. Get many of them since the whites can discolor easily and turn into a bit 'cream-ish' instead of crisp white. If you own less of them, then you tend to bleach them frequently and this will damage the shirt easily due to the reaction of the hypochlorite on the fabric. By having it a lot you'll prolong the life of the white better than ever.

As for me, with THAT number of shirts - well, let's just say at least I'm not gonna be wearing the same shirt in at least 5 months. That's almost half a year! Yikes...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger